System.Exception: Mid-Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.Exception: Mid-Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Post by wccha » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:32:15

I have created two serviced components, say component A and B.  Both
component can be hosted in IIS and be activated by client thru remoting
without any error.  However, if I activate objects in the way:  Client ->
serviced component A -> serviced component B, I got the following exception:

System.Exception: Mid-Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Note: I'm using RC3, component A is transaction new whereas component B is
transaction supported.

Thanks in advance.

1. Run-time exception thrown : System.NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I get the Object reference error when writing to a file.  I'm not used
to vb complaining about things such as this, so bare with me.

This line fails:

 WriteLine(lngWriteFileNum, newstring)

So, I do some investigating, checking out values etc...

In the Command Window,

? lngwritefilenum
2
? newstring
"<applet name="driver" codebase="../../rele/user/"
code="com.in.launcher.Root.class" archive="dbp.jar" width=100%
height=100%>"

filesystem.writeline(lngwritefilenum,newstring)
Run-time exception thrown : System.NullReferenceException - Object
reference not set to an instance of an object.

----
Um, what????  if they both return values, why is one of them not set
to an instance of an object?

Do I need to instantiate the variables differently?  (dim
lngWriteFileNum as *new* Int32, etc)

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

-William

2. How bad is the spam?....take a look...

3. Bug with BringToFront - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

4. CAD tools for PCs?

5. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object???

6. Upgrade from v8 to v8.3?

7. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

8. Bibliography styles for annotated bibliographies.

9. Object reference not set to an instance of an object

10. Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object error when calling unmanaged DLL function

11. Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object

12. SoapSuds Bug: Object reference not set to an instance of an object