Integrating Context Sensitive help.

Post by Mada » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:14:00

Hi All,
I have been trying unsuccessfully to provide my Application with Context
sensitive help using the overloaded method
System.Windows.Forms.Help.ShowHelp(this, "test.chm",
HelpNavigator.Topic,1001) .

Is there something that I have missed. If anybody out there can provide me a
snippet of working code snippet for the same it would be real helpful.

P.S:  The .CHM file was created based on the steps provided in the standard
HTML help file creation document  and atleast to my eyes seems to have all
the valid entries with a valid map section and the corresponding aliases
defined.

Have tried putting in the header file , the topics text file and the alias
file in the same directory along with .chm file. But all these do not seem
to have any effect .

Without the context- id 1001,  the default page of the  help file comes up
fine but when I refer to the above referred valid context id nothing
happens.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Mada » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:04:22

[...]

1. context sensitive help

Hi,

I have a problem using context sensitive help from my .Net
application.
eVB gave us the HelpClick event for each form and using
this you could use
the CreateProcess api call to call peghelp with your file,
unfortunatly .NET
CF does not expose a HelpClick event.
Does anybody know something different I could use?

thanks, Michael

2. HP 4050n Printcap for Tru64 Unix??

3. Accessing context sensitive help files from CF

4. Ensoniq Audio PCI??

5. Context sensitive help in VB .NET

6. Q: VGA-Signals

7. F1 key not giving context sensitive help from MSDN

8. Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

9. F1 key not giving context sensitive help from MSDN

10. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

11. Context-sensitive Help for Menu Items

12. Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard