'object' is ambiguous in the namespace

Post by Adria » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 07:47:22

Hi

I successfully compiled and debugged a project I have that uses a few
ActiveX objects. I have all the projects set up in a single .net solution
but I noticed the memory foot print was growing way out of hand. So I shut
it down and started it back up. No code changes. Now when I try to build it
I get a few errors of the form

'ObjectName' is ambiguous in the namespace 'LibraryName'.

This is clearly so, since if I use intellisense to show me the interfaces in
the typelibaray, I see two of most of the interfaces. Why is this the case
and how do you get around it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Adrian

'object' is ambiguous in the namespace

Post by Michael Davie » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:20:31

Adrian,
You don't say whether the offending object is a .NET object. If not, it
would appear that you have 2 different versions of the same object
registered on your computer. Try unregistering it and searching the registry
for aditional entries to delete. When the object no longer appears in the
Registry then re-register it.
Another method is to find the object in your "references" menu. It might
list both objects there and you can decide which one to unregister and
delete
Regards
Mike

Quote:> Hi

> I successfully compiled and debugged a project I have that uses a few
> ActiveX objects. I have all the projects set up in a single .net solution
> but I noticed the memory foot print was growing way out of hand. So I shut
> it down and started it back up. No code changes. Now when I try to build
it
> I get a few errors of the form

> 'ObjectName' is ambiguous in the namespace 'LibraryName'.

> This is clearly so, since if I use intellisense to show me the interfaces
in
> the typelibaray, I see two of most of the interfaces. Why is this the case
> and how do you get around it?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated

> Thanks in advance
> Adrian

'object' is ambiguous in the namespace

Post by Adria » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 06:15:54

thanks. They are .NET objects and I looked in the references section for the
app and saw that somehow two references for two separate instances of the
object were there, so the ambiguity now makes sense.

Thanks for your reply
Regards
Adrian