All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

Post by Bill Hennin » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:59:41

I just ran into an instance where all my controls on my form disappeared
when I deleted a single control.  I checked the source code within the
VS.NET generated region and all the code for the controls is there however
they don't appear at run-time or design-time any more.  Has anyone found a
way to get them back?  Thanks!

All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

Post by Josh Mitt » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:07:25

Hi there,

There is a line....it is so late I don't remember, something where it adds the controls, right near the bottom -- check that line......I think it is new Controls[] {...} with your controls in there.

--

Sincerely,

Josh Mitts

www.treasureonthenet.com/josh

I just ran into an instance where all my controls on my form disappeared
when I deleted a single control.  I checked the source code within the
VS.NET generated region and all the code for the controls is there however
they don't appear at run-time or design-time any more.  Has anyone found a
way to get them back?  Thanks!

All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

Post by Simone Pesent » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:07:30

The line is in the region part of the design code, open it

and search the following:

Me.Controls.AddRange(New System.Windows.Forms.Control()
{Me.label,Me.text1...etc..})

Put the names of your controls where are missing..

It also happens to me...

:-))

I just ran into an instance where all my controls on my form disappeared
when I deleted a single control.  I checked the source code within the
VS.NET generated region and all the code for the controls is there however
they don't appear at run-time or design-time any more.  Has anyone found a
way to get them back?  Thanks!

All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

Post by Josh Mitt » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:12:06

In the InitializeComponent method....sometimes the controls aren't in that list.

--

[...]

Post by Vangelis G.S » Tue, 09 Oct 2001 19:18:04

It happens to me all the time. Its so ennoying....

1. How to acess forms controls of one form from other in VB.NET

I have a  main mdi form and other forms are called using the menu on this
forms. I want to change the values of the status bar panels  of MDI form
from the forms which are called. Now how to access this from the called
forms.

in vb6:
mdiMain.statusbar1.panele(1)= "whatevr......"

same is not working in VB.NET

thanks

dk

2. Looking for a mail program

3. Controls Disappears in Inherited forms

4. Printer Driver for BJ-200

5. Data Controls Disappear from Web Form

6. w3 won't load in Xemacs/no url load in emacs

7. Server side controls disappear in Web form (ASP.NET)!!

8. FS: ImageFX 1.5

9. All controls on my form have disappeared

10. Making controls appear and disappear in form?

11. Child Controls disappear when changing properties of parent control

12. Cannot cut or delete control from form & mouse locking

13. Deleting control causes form Cose method to fail