DataGrid Master Detail Detail

Post by Arth » Wed, 21 May 2003 15:17:31

Hello all,

when creating a master detail grid using one dataGrid,
the child of the parent is represented as a link.
You access this link and violla, you have the child table.

This is then repeated if the child has any children.

Is it possible to show the child table directly below the parent table.
If you are going to say .... 'use the DataGridTableStyle'.... ,
how do i go about representing the child table, and for that matter
the grandchild table.

So, how can i see the parent, child and granchild together in one dataGrid.

I've looked at syncfusion.com and at other sites and all i can see
is how to format columns of one table.

Arthur

DataGrid Master Detail Detail

Post by Rebecca Riorda » Wed, 21 May 2003 23:40:04

Not to the best of my knowledge -- the DataGrid allows navigation between
related datasets, but only displays a single dataset at a time.

--
Rebecca Riordan, MVP

Designing Relational Database Systems
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Programming Step by Step
Microsoft ADO.NET Step by Step

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves,
for they shall never cease to be amused...

Quote:> Hello all,