Enterprise Template

Post by cm Hayne » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 01:44:28

According to the documentation:
You must have either Visual Studio .NET Enterprise
Developer or Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect to
use Enterprise Templates.

Is that for building them only?  Can have distribute the
created templete to the developers (once it's been created
using the Architect or developer editions) and have them
develope using that template with Visual Studio. NET Pro??

Need an offical word from MS on this as soon as possible.

Thanks
CMH

Enterprise Template

Post by George Conard [MSFT » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:58:02

no, this is for both building and consuming Enterprise templates. Enterprise
templates can't be consumed from within Visual Studio .NET Pro.

--
George Conard
Program Manager

purposes only.

Quote:> According to the documentation:
> You must have either Visual Studio .NET Enterprise
> Developer or Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect to
> use Enterprise Templates.

> Is that for building them only?  Can have distribute the
> created templete to the developers (once it's been created
> using the Architect or developer editions) and have them
> develope using that template with Visual Studio. NET Pro??

> Need an offical word from MS on this as soon as possible.

> Thanks
> CMH

1. Enterprise Template Methodology

I am currently researching/developing a standard
Enterprise Template Project (ETP) that can be used by the
developers of our organization.  The way that I understand
the methodology and the development of a template, is as
follows:

.       Create the standard projects in an Enterprise
Template.
.       Within each project create the standard components
and class using the Visual Studio IDE during template
design.
.       Use the Policy Template File to add/delete the
recommended components and IDE menu file.

Once they are initially developed we would like to:

.       Have the ability to change/update the standard
projects as they updated by the Enterprise Architects
.       Easily distribute them to the developers using a
server location using the batch file example supplied by
MS.

Question:
As I understand the process you must edit the Policy
Template File (PTF) to add/restrict components (menus,
toolbox, properties, etc).  But can we use the IDE during
the designing of the ETP so that the components will be
exposed when the developers select them without having to
manually add them to the PTF?

2. 8mm tape experiences

3. Enterprise Template, WinUI, and Business Facade?

4. ** disabling mail program

5. Distributed Enterprise template samples for WindowsForms

6. Domino Programmers wanted - NJ

7. Enterprise templates

8. VUE/70-315 beta results out

9. Enterprise template - edit the policy file

10. Enterprise Templates and Keeping the Libraries in Source Safe

11. get some help with my enterprise template

12. Enterprise Template: Web Project project name - how is it generated?

13. Enterprise Template Start-Up project