Console App

Post by microsof » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

If I create a console application from VStudio and double click on the
app.exe from windows explorer it opens a command window. Is there any way to
avoid this command window and still run the app.

Thanks,
Sam Matcha

Console App

Post by D. Spei » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

You can right click on the app to create a pif file.
In this file you can set it's properties which among
other things allows you to set "Run Full Screen"
(without any console window). If you distribute the
app, make sure it's pif file is always in the same
directory. Regards.

Console App

Post by D. Spei » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

..I tried to do it, but looks like I am missing some thing. When
..I right click on my application which is an exe, I get a floating
..menu, but I don't see how I can create a *.pif file. Can you pl.
..expand on this if you can.
-------
I'm sorry, it's been so long I get forgetful. I gave you the scenario
for a dos app, however you can still do the same for a win32
console app by configuring conagent.exe pif file to operate from
your apps current directory. First go to the windows directory
and find the conagent.exe. Then look for the conagent pif file.
If there is one then temporaly back it up to (rename it con-pif.bak).
Then right click on the conagent.exe file and go to properties and
then do as I previously stated. After you get everything set the
way you want you can copy this conagent.pif file to your apps
directory. It will run it since it always looks to it's current directory
first. Then rename back your existing conagent.pif in the win folder.
Regards.

1. Console app slower than dialog based app

Hi,

I have two sets (client/server) of apps that basically do the same thing,
which is exchanging a 33k string via remoting. It turns out that the dialog
based set of apps outperforms the console based apps by a factor of about
2:1 and even better after caching. What I'm timing is the method call on the
remote object on the client side only. Had expected the console app to be
faster. Was wondering what's happening (or not happening) in the console app
that's slowing it down so much?

2. Oktagon 2008 SCSI card w/GigaMem

3. When launching a console app from my app, I would like the window to stick around

4. Windows Make over?

5. Writing a simple console app in C++

6. Using CDROM to get 16 bit

7. Console app opens then closes.

8. PC Detect DOS

9. How to catch Control+C in console-apps

10. Problem with Console-apps (setting env. /fetch shutdown)

11. command line arguments with CF console apps

12. Problem using ActiveX Automation type in C# console app

13. Console app IWin32Window reference for ShowDialog??