Full Row Select in DataGrid (WindowsForms) - discussion

Full Row Select in DataGrid (WindowsForms) - discussion

Post by Alexander Yevchenk » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 01:14:55

Unfortunately  when I set
dwVisible.AllowDelete = dwVisible.AllowEdit = dwVisible.AllowNew = false;

grd.DataSource = dwVisible;

I have the same feature :(((

I think I shall override another method of Column Style?

> Thaks a lot.
> But I've found that the implementation has some features, if set
> grd.ReadOnly = true;
> Ok, we have such grid with those columns . Click on a row (Result:
selecting
> of the row).
>  Wait a bit and click once more (Row will be deselected :(( )
> Further clicks on the row will have no result :(
> Helps only click on another row and back on the above mentioned row.

> having grd.ReadOnly == false; , all works ok :)

> Best Regards,
>   Alexander Yevchenko

> > George Shepherd's Windows Forms FAQ contains an entry entitled:

> >      How can I make my grid never have an active edit cell and always
> select
> > whole rows (as in a browser-type grid)?

> > Check it out at:
> > http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/search/856.asp

> > Clay Burch, .NET MVP

> > Syncfusion, Inc.
> > visit http://www.syncfusion.com for the coolest tools

> > > Hi, All!

> > > I have a problem with full row selecting in DataGrid.
> > > I've written an event handler:

> > > private void grd_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

> > > {

> > > grd.Select(grd.CurrentRowIndex);

> > > }

> > > this makes row selected, but that is not the same as I'd like.

> > >  The grey TextBox in the focused cell is very unnecessary on my
> DataGrid.

> > > I'd like to have a grid with simple full row selection, but no
TextBoxes
> > in
> > > any cell.

> > > Thanks for any advice,

> > >   Alexander Yevchenko

1. Full Row Select in DataGrid (WindowsForms)

Hi, All!

I have a problem with full row selecting in DataGrid.
I've written an event handler:

private void grd_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

grd.Select(grd.CurrentRowIndex);

this makes row selected, but that is not the same as I'd like.

 The grey TextBox in the focused cell is very unnecessary on my DataGrid.

I'd like to have a grid with simple full row selection, but no TextBoxes in
any cell.

Thanks for any advice,

  Alexander Yevchenko

2. Ipaq & Newsgroups

3. DataGrid full row select and Doubclick select

4. Error Message: Illegal pass by value

5. How to locate the selected row of the datagrid to a specifc row in the datagrid

6. arcade style controllers

7. Selecting a specific column in the selected row of a DataGrid

8. KDC Principal Retention Policies

9. Select a DataGrid row w/out a select column

10. Getting the value of a column/row when selecting a row in Datagrid

11. Clicked row instead of Selected row of DataGrid on DoubleClick event

12. New Row in Datagrid(WindowsForms)

13. WindowsForms DataGrid: how to disable appending rows?