Disappearing Controls

Post by Aaro » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 13:08:17

Has anyone had a situation where they developed a form and the controls
disappeared after closing the form and reopening it. If I look at the
properties toolbox all my control are still there.... I just can't see them
on the form in design or run time. The code in the Designer section still
has all the control references.

Help

Disappearing Controls

Post by Andreas Winkle » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:25:24

Hallo Aaron,

there seems to be a bug. If you changed the fonts properties in the
designer, there is an entry in source code dealing with .Font. Obviously the
IDE makes out of an Entry 8.25 for the fonts size to 825. Therefore it seems
that the control is disappeared. Nevertheless the controls and their
properties have changed the values for fonts properties. So far I know it
exist no workaround.

Bye,

Andreas

Quote:> Has anyone had a situation where they developed a form and the controls
> disappeared after closing the form and reopening it. If I look at the
> properties toolbox all my control are still there.... I just can't see
them
> on the form in design or run time. The code in the Designer section still
> has all the control references.

> Help

Disappearing Controls

Post by D. Appe » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:34:08

I've experienced the same thing. It turned out that the size of every
control on the form was reduced to 0 by 0 pixels.
Hope they fix this because these are the most frustrating bugs (especially
if you've just spent an hour drawing the from ;-( )

Quote:> Has anyone had a situation where they developed a form and the controls
> disappeared after closing the form and reopening it. If I look at the
> properties toolbox all my control are still there.... I just can't see
them
> on the form in design or run time. The code in the Designer section still
> has all the control references.

> Help

1. disappearing controls

I have several controls that inherit from combobox. Their main purpose in
life is to know how to fill their list with data. Examples of these are:
VendorComboBox, EmployeeComboBox, AccountingStatusComboBox, etc. All these
controls, for now, are an integral part of the exe assembly. Consequently,
in the control toolbox of VS I have a reference to the EXE. When I build a
form that needs an employee combobox, I just grab it and drop it. All this
works very well, execept, occasionally, and I haven't been able to pin down
excatly what causes this, but all these comboboxes disappear from the form.

Usually, this annoying behavior ocurs after I've dropped another control on
the form and the resx file needs to be updated. Since I'm using SourceSafe,
I'm asked to check out the resx file; once I accept, the comboboxes are
gone! The declaration fo the controls remain present in the windows designer
generated code, but the creation and property settings are gone.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?

Thanks

Willy

2. Various Fonts (experienced users) Must convert - hrshyfon.zip (3/3)

3. Disappearing Controls

4. FS: Indigo R4000 100mhz 224M/1G/XZgfx/IDO6.2/NFS6.2...

5. Win2K Server, Password has expired, not enough rights to change own password.

6. Any update in 2003 of the disappearing controls bug

7. "Cannot convert Notes Rich Text message to MIME message" ??????

8. Disappearing controls from aspx

9. All Controls on Form Disappeared When Deleting One Control

10. Child Controls disappear when changing properties of parent control

11. WebBrowser control/web disappears after hiding/showing

12. Controls disappear from inherited usercontrol on compile