GetTextExtent equivilent in .net framework

GetTextExtent equivilent in .net framework

Post by Tom Ken » Fri, 31 May 2002 09:56:19

Is there a method anywhere in the .net framework that does the work of
the GDI function GetTextExtent()?

I want to place text precisely within a RichEdit control and it
doesn't look like I can find out how much space the text will occupy
without using outside methods.

Thanks

Tom

GetTextExtent equivilent in .net framework

Post by John Hornick [M » Fri, 31 May 2002 22:41:27

Hi,

Quote:> Is there a method anywhere in the .net framework that does the work of
> the GDI function GetTextExtent()?

> I want to place text precisely within a RichEdit control and it
> doesn't look like I can find out how much space the text will occupy
> without using outside methods.

See Q307208.

Thanks,
- John
Microsoft Developer Support
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/security for current information on security.

1. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

Has anyone been successful in adding custom built-in functions into
Excel via the .net XP Interop assemblies?

According to MS KB 316723, you have to make sure you build the
deployment project for the Current User, not the machine.  I did that.

Also, in the Add-in path for Excel, I added a string called "Automation"
(from a support call to Microsoft) ... but
alas ... no add-in after I install.

Anyone get this to work?

--mike

2. Post Beta 1 builds

3. ADO.Field Equivilent in .NET?

4. New USR firmware slows down modem?

5. .net equivilent of applet

6. /etc/disktab entry for Pinnacle 1.3GB optical drive?

7. Regular .Net Framework versus Compact .Net Framework

8. Open GL vs Voodoo

9. Difference between .Net Framework and the .Net Compact Framework

10. difference between compact framework & .net framework

11. Creating Office Managed COM Add-Ins with Visual Studio .NET

12. Outlook COM Add-ins With .NET

13. .NET framework 1.0 & framework 1.1 remoting compatibility