Context sensitive IDE windows

Post by K. Holde » Sun, 19 May 2002 04:33:08

Is there some way to make the IDE windows context sensitive?

For example, it would be nice to have the Properties and Toolbox windows up when I'm in Design mode but when I'm editing source code these two windows serve no purpose and should be hidden.

This is NOT the same as using the auto hide functionality.   When in Design mode I want the Property and Toolbox windows up ALL the time and when in Source mode they should be hidden ALL the time.

I tried using the MacroIDE but it does not seem to be able to discern a Design mode window from a Source mode window.

Context sensitive IDE windows

Post by Latha Laksh » Thu, 23 May 2002 01:31:41

There is not a way to do this in the IDE that I'm aware of.

Latha Lakshmi
Microsoft

Got .Net?  http://www.GotDotNet.com

--------------------

Subject: Context sensitive IDE windows
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:33:08 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vsnet.ide

Is there some way to make the IDE windows context sensitive?
For example, it would be nice to have the Properties and Toolbox windows up
when I'm in Design mode but when I'm editing source code these two windows
serve no purpose and should be hidden.
This is NOT the same as using the auto hide functionality.   When in Design
mode I want the Property and Toolbox windows up ALL the time and when in
Source mode they should be hidden ALL the time.
I tried using the MacroIDE but it does not seem to be able to discern a
Design mode window from a Source mode window.

1. Context Sensitive Help (F1) not working in Visual Studio

Hi,

I've installed Visual Studio 6.0 and its compatible MSDN (from October
1998) without any problems.
After several weeks I had to re-install the IE on my machine. Ever
since, the context senesitive help (F1) stopped working in VS. When I
try it I get the error: "Attempting to use an invalid help file.".
Of course, there's no problem activating MSDN directly.
I tried to re-install MSDN but it didn't help.

Is there a simple way to get the F1 working again?

Thanks,

Irit Rosdeutscher,
Merucry Interactive.

2. ma-ST-o-don't - new 14MB ATARI ST games

3. context sensitive help?

4. StoreFront

5. annoying context-sensitive help problem

6. SALE YAMAHA MSX 2 & etc.

7. Context sensitive help

8. Context-sensitive Help

9. context sensitive help

10. Integrating Context Sensitive help.

11. Accessing context sensitive help files from CF

12. Context sensitive help in VB .NET