Won't install!

Post by Nick » Wed, 28 May 2003 21:48:04

When i try to install visual studio .net, it stops
installing about 30 seconds after it starts.  The program
doesn't freeze, but installation completely freezes.  Can
anybody help?
thanx,
nick

Won't install!

Post by Derek LaZar » Fri, 30 May 2003 00:12:20

Nick:

1) How long is the freeze?

2) Which VS.NET are you installing?--Retail, Trial?

3) Are you upgrading from VS6.0, VS.NET2002?

Derek LaZard

Quote:> When i try to install visual studio .net, it stops
> installing about 30 seconds after it starts.  The program
> doesn't freeze, but installation completely freezes.  Can
> anybody help?
> thanx,
> nick

Won't install!

Post by Derek LaZar » Fri, 30 May 2003 21:36:50

Also:

5) what is the OS: winSer2k3, winXP, win2k, winNT?

Derek LaZard

Quote:> When i try to install visual studio .net, it stops
> installing about 30 seconds after it starts.  The program
> doesn't freeze, but installation completely freezes.  Can
> anybody help?
> thanx,
> nick

Won't install!

Post by Erik De Lae » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:14:49

Is IIS running on your pc ?
I had a rule in NAV that disallowed the IIS (personal web server) to
reach the internet, and had just the same freeze ... the installation
proceeded when I had changed the rule in NAV.

Erik

--
Erik De Laet - E.De.L.Com bvba
- The Software bridge to the user! -

1. won't install, won't uninstall

Why would vs.net beta 2 setup

    1) install to program files directory when I browsed the destination
folder to another folder on another drive. There wasn't enough room on the
program files disk but setup didn't recognize this. The installation stopped
part way through.

    2) not rollback the partial install

    3) not allow an uninstall, saying there's not enough room on the disk

    4) not allow, in maintenance mode, to uninstall the features from the
partial install. As soon as I click on any of the checkboxes in the
add/remove features dialog, the program disappears from the screen and
taskbar but is still running somewhere in the ether and needs a re-boot to
be run again.

Someone suggested running msizap on the installation package file, but setup
still opens to the maintenance mode, none of whose options work.

2. Help Me Get My Files Off Server!

3. Beta 2 won't install on Win 98

4. Upgrade to ghostview 6.01

5. Application won't start (VS.NET won't start)

6. ODBMS

7. VB.NET app won't install

8. online survey forms

9. MSXML3 won't work after MSXML4 installed??

10. MSDE Won't Install

11. ASP.NET Won't Install

12. Can'not install VS.NET Beta2 on WIN XP Pro 2002

13. Visual Studio 2003 won't install on Server 2003