Fwd: Need Help

Post by Santosh » Fri, 18 Nov 2011 01:20:44

Whats the difference between the below two

 Suppose i have a button ,a dropdown and gridview on a form

1.On click of a button i want to read the value in dropdown and pass it
to my stored procedure and execute.
get the dataset and bind it to gridview

2. On click of a button client side  pass the url of dummmy page and the
parameters
and call the jquery get request.
when the dummy page loads....read the value of the dropdown from the query
string
execute the stored procedure and get the dataset.

Also is there a better way.

Fwd: Need Help

Post by Keidrick » Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:07:42

where is your code for this?

> Whats the difference between the below two

>  Suppose i have a button ,a dropdown and gridview on a form

> 1.On click of a button i want to read the value in dropdown and pass it
> to my stored procedure and execute.
> get the dataset and bind it to gridview

> 2. On click of a button client side  pass the url of dummmy page and the
> parameters
> and call the jquery get request.
> when the dummy page loads....read the value of the dropdown from the query
> string
> execute the stored procedure and get the dataset.

> Also is there a better way.

>  --

KP

Skype:KeidrickP
About Me: http://about.me/kpett

Fwd: Need Help

Post by Stephen Russel » Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:31:30

> Whats the difference between the below two

> ?Suppose i have a button ,a dropdown and gridview on a form

> 1.On click of a button i want to read the value in dropdown and pass it
> to my stored procedure and execute.
> get the dataset and bind it to gridview

> 2. On click of a button client side? pass the url of dummmy page and the
> parameters
> and call the jquery get request.
> when the dummy page loads....read the value of the dropdown from the query
> string
> execute the stored procedure and get the dataset.

> Also is there a better way.

--------------------

Difference is ajax and javascript doing the request for the data as a
message to the server instead of the code behind dong the same
functionality.

Which is better?  Do you want to code in html5 environment and escape
from as much code behind programming?

--
Stephen Russell

901.246-0159 cell

1. HOTLIST-moreDICE Fwd: Recruiting-Simplifies Fwd: Best IT Contacting Jobs Fwd: C2C-DealUSA Fwd: {Hot-Resumes:68765} Fwd: ~~ Technical Recruiters Network ~~

Please find attached resume of my consultant who they are available in the
market to join new projects .

*Name*

*Skill Set*

*Total IT Experience*

*Current Location*

*Relocation*

*Availability*

Rajeswari Gandhimohan

Senior Java Developer

8 +Years

Edison ,NJ

New York/New Jersey

2 Weeks

Thenmozhi Subramanian

Certified SAP SD

7+ Years

Sunnyvale , CA

California

2 Weeks

Anurdha Mallipeddi

Senior Quality Analyst

6+ Years

Edison ,NJ

New Jersey

2 Weeks

My consultants are looking C2C position .

Before submitting to the Client please let me know about Client details .

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin Gupta
*CompWorldwide*

MBE - certified company

Address : 6,kilmer road, Suite P , Edison - NJ , 08817

www.compworldwide.com

  THENMOZHI SUBRAMANIAN Resume.doc
87K Download

  Anu Latest.docx
46K Download

  Rajeswari Gandhimohan.docx
63K Download

2. How to Reset Admin Password for Visual Source Safe

3. Fwd: F1, F1 Help needed.....................

4. Sharp increase in number of handles used by windows explorer

5. Fwd: Need suggestion on what version of Vista would I need

6. IRIX 6.5.18m and NIS

7. Fwd: Help on deleting rows from DGV

8. Hayes Accura fixing the speed

9. : HOTLIST-moreDICE : Recruiting-Simplifies : Best IT Contacting Jobs {Immediate Requirement:1578024} Fwd: C2C-DealUSA Fwd: {Hot-Resumes:70052} Fwd: ~~ Technical Recruiters Network ~~ Compworldwide Hotlist

10. Recruiting-Simplifies : Best IT Contacting Jobs {Immediate Requirement:1578024} Fwd: C2C-DealUSA Fwd: {Hot-Resumes:70080} Fwd: ~~ Technical Recruiters Network ~~ Compworldwide Hotlist

11. Recruiting-Simplifies : Best IT Contacting Jobs {Immediate Requirement:1578024} Fwd: C2C-DealUSA Fwd: {Hot-Resumes:69991} Fwd: ~~ Technical Recruiters Network ~~ Compworldwide Hotlist

12. : Recruiting-Simplifies : Best IT Contacting Jobs {Immediate Requirement:1575471} Fwd: C2C-DealUSA Fwd: {Hot-Resumes:69922} Fwd: ~~ Technical Recruiters Network ~~ Compworldwide Hotlist

13. : Best IT Contacting Jobs {Immediate Requirement:1575471} Fwd: C2C-DealUSA Fwd: {Hot-Resumes:69922} Fwd: ~~ Technical Recruiters Network ~~ Compworldwide Hotlist