Memory management

Post by Célio Cidral Junio » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:15:36

Hello!

I did read MFC documentation that talks about memory management, and I
wonder about .NET Framework memory management. Do it works in the same way
as the MFC?

Cheers,

Celio Cidral Jr.
WEG Industries
Brazil
"Kurios Iesous Kristos huios Theos"

Memory management

Post by CorBindToRuntimeEx [.NET MVP » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:18:19

Hi!

This is how memory management, garbage collection in particular, works
in .NET:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/1100/GCI/GCI.asp

--
Regards,
Kumar

http://www.wintoolzone.com/

1. Memory management for by .NET Application

Hello all,
Does anybody hasobserved that when we run the .NET application, in the
Windows's Task
Manager (under process's tab), it shows memory size of application very
large but
when we first time minimize the application and maximize it  then the size
of the apllication is reduced by half.
What does the application gain when first time we minimize it ? Which memory
application
acquires when we run it & which memory it releases when we minimize
application
first time?

Thanks in advance,

-Regards,
Dinesh

2. Help: I killed my A1200!

3. Memory Management

4. Database: How to find out RRN of currently locked record.

5. Is .NET memory management really this bad ?

6. Shared borders playing up

7. Windows Memory Management

8. Need Help Identifying ADDS System

9. ADO DOTNET memory management?

10. Destroying Objects and Memory Management.

11. Memory Management?

12. Teaching memory management ??