'MSDN collection does not exist'

Post by Kelsang Wangchu » Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Why do I get the error 'MSDN collection does not exist' when trying to get
help in Visual Studio (C++) 6.0, although I've installed MSDN? Granted, I
did install it before I installed Visual Studio, but even after I
reinstalled, Visual Studio still refuses to find it.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to switch to MSDN every time I want to get
help.

Wangchuk

'MSDN collection does not exist'

Post by Jay Hamli » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I don't know why this is happening, but please try Settings, Control Panel,
Add/Remove Programs, select the MSDN installation and Remove All. Then
reinstall the MSDN Library. This should correct the problem.

>Why do I get the error 'MSDN collection does not exist' when trying to get
>help in Visual Studio (C++) 6.0, although I've installed MSDN? Granted, I
>did install it before I installed Visual Studio, but even after I
>reinstalled, Visual Studio still refuses to find it.

>Any ideas? I don't want to have to switch to MSDN every time I want to get
>help.

>Wangchuk

1. soapsuds.exe - error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist...

Hello

I am trying to execute the following to create a client side dll to
reference for remoting purposes:

soapsuds -ia:Company.Applications.AppName -nowp -oa:Company.Applications.App
Name.1_0_0_1.Client.dll

Company.Applications.AppName.dll is an assembly I want to run on the server.
Everything in there is to be singleton. I get this error when running the
soapsuds command above:

    error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the
class or namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

On another note, are all of the methods defined in all objects in that
assembly meant to be defined as Static? Currently some are not.

The makeup of Company.Applications.AppName is:

Company.Applications.AppName
    Class1 (Inherits from ServicedComponent)
        3 functions
    Class2 (Inherits from ServicedComponent)
        11 functions
    Class3 (Inherits from ServicedComponent)
        18 functions
    Class4 (Inherits from ServicedComponent)
        19 functions
    Class5 (Inherits from ServicedComponent)
        21 functions
    Class6 (Inherits from MarshalByRefObject)
        40 Functions
    Class7 (Inherits from MarshalByRefObject)
        50 Functions

Thanks in advance
David

2. Oracle 9i 64Bit on Solaris 2.8

3. The type or namespace name 'Tcp' does not exist ?

4. SP3 install error

5. The MSDN Collection Does Not Exist

6. xpro

7. The MSDN collection does not exist. ...

8. DNS HELP: Complete Newbie

9. the name 'functionname' does not exist in the current context

10. The name 'maritalStatusCombo' does not exist in the current context

11. The type or namespace name 'Winforms' does not exist...

12. namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the class or namespace...???

13. my 'The UNC Share does not exist ' experience