Could not change TabControl background color

Could not change TabControl background color

Post by Ayrton Phoenix da silv » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:59:17

Hi,
        I tried many method to change the background color of TabControl in
C#. It doesn't work...

        I also try to use DrawMode = TabDrawMode.OwnerDrawFixed; When the
window move outside the screen and drag back to screen. Some area can not be
repaint.

        How come? How can I change the background color of TabControl???

Ayrton Phoenix

Could not change TabControl background color

Post by Brian Roder (Microso » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 06:35:07

Hello Ayrton,

This works for me (I am using Beta 2).  Just add a tab control to your
form, add some tabs, then in the properties window select one of the tabs.
Then use the properties window to change the BackColor property.

HTH

-Brian

This post is governed by the Conditions of Use and is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
<http://www.microsoft.com/info/terms.htm>

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

--------------------

Subject: Could not change TabControl background color
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:59:17 +0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms

Hi,
        I tried many method to change the background color of TabControl in
C#. It doesn't work...

        I also try to use DrawMode = TabDrawMode.OwnerDrawFixed; When the
window move outside the screen and drag back to screen. Some area can not be
repaint.

        How come? How can I change the background color of TabControl???

Ayrton Phoenix

Could not change TabControl background color

Post by adam » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:42:53

could you post a code sample please.  This isn't working for me (Win2K Beta2
with latest update)

adam

Quote:> Hello Ayrton,

> This works for me (I am using Beta 2).  Just add a tab control to your
> form, add some tabs, then in the properties window select one of the tabs.
> Then use the properties window to change the BackColor property.

Could not change TabControl background color

I didn't write any code, just did it through the Windows Forms Designer.

Subject: Re: Could not change TabControl background color
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:42:53 +0100

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms

could you post a code sample please.  This isn't working for me (Win2K Beta2
with latest update)

adam

Quote:> Hello Ayrton,

> This works for me (I am using Beta 2).  Just add a tab control to your
> form, add some tabs, then in the properties window select one of the tabs.
> Then use the properties window to change the BackColor property.

Could not change TabControl background color

Post by Jacob Gras » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 23:56:41

Are you referring to changing the back color of the Tab Page and not the
Control itself?  People are looking to change the color of items on the
control such as the tabs themselves (aligned at the top) versus the tab
page. . .   Changing the backcolor of the tab page works through the
designer, but there is no apparent way to change the other colors. . .

Jacob

> I didn't write any code, just did it through the Windows Forms Designer.

> -Brian

> This post is governed by the Conditions of Use and is provided "AS IS"
with
> no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
> 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/info/terms.htm>

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is our online
account
> name for newsgroup participation only.

> --------------------

> Subject: Re: Could not change TabControl background color
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:42:53 +0100

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms

> could you post a code sample please.  This isn't working for me (Win2K
Beta2
> with latest update)

> adam

> > Hello Ayrton,

> > This works for me (I am using Beta 2).  Just add a tab control to your
> > form, add some tabs, then in the properties window select one of the
tabs.
> > Then use the properties window to change the BackColor property.

Could not change TabControl background color

No.  You would have to roll your own control to do that.

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:56:41 -0500

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms