Cannot "Add Variable" for control in a dialog

Cannot "Add Variable" for control in a dialog

Post by Marius Matio » Sat, 03 May 2003 02:40:44

Hello,

This is for a project recently converted from VS6:
The build works and the executable runs, but when
I add a new dialog, right click on a control (say a
checkbox) and pick "Add Variable", all the right
part of the dialog that comes up is grayed out,
including the "Control ID" dropdown.
As a result I cannot automatically add the DDX_Check
code to DoDataExchange.
If I manually add the code, it works.

The class for the dialog is based on CDialog.
Obviously some project setting is wrong.
Does anyone know what it is and how I can change
it?

Thanks,
Marius Matioc

Cannot "Add Variable" for control in a dialog

Post by Marius Matio » Sat, 03 May 2003 14:45:04

I have figured it out.
Needed to add the .h file that contained the CWinApp derived class
to the project (Include files).