WMI and win32_perfrawdata

Post by Leandro Arran » Thu, 29 May 2003 12:22:55

Just wondering why a lot of the data returned by
percentage based counters (eg.
Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOs_Memory_PercentCommittedBytesInUse)
 are unusually large (up to 9 or 10 digit characters). Are
the percentages in the billionths?

Any help would be appreciated

WMI and win32_perfrawdata

Post by Richard Bur » Sat, 31 May 2003 09:42:47

It is a uint32 data type, so yes, there is quite a large precision range
that potentially coulde be captured.

Cheers,
Richard Burte
Microsoft Corporation

- Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
- This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

WMI and win32_perfrawdata

Post by Leandro Arran » Sat, 31 May 2003 11:15:40

So how do I then convert it to its percentage equivalent?
(ie. over 100)
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>It is a uint32 data type, so yes, there is quite a large
precision range
>that potentially coulde be captured.

>Cheers,
>Richard Burte
>Microsoft Corporation

>- Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This
alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.
>- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no
>rights.

>.

1. How to publish object's methods to WMI?

Hi all,

I am working in an assignment to manage and monitor .NET application using
WMI.

I have to publish the objects to CIM object model.
Well, that can be done.
But the problem is that when we publish the object only properies are
published to the CIM object repository.

I would like to know , whether we can publish the methods of the object to
CIM model?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Uma Manoj

2. Microsoft STILL not Watching!

3. Quering for Win32_TimeZone objects in WMI?

4. Mixing citation styles(?) in LaTeX?

5. WMI SELECT query problems from ASP.NET

6. REQ: Frutiger ttf

7. .NET Application Monitoring using WMI

8. lp upgrade to 5.3 and CMDSOCK

9. WMI event

10. WMI Provider, need help

11. Help: WMI Class Instance for application mointoring

12. WMI and access denied.

13. Sending a WMI event