login failed

Post by phanto » Thu, 29 May 2003 13:54:56

I am have just upgraded my OS to Windows 2003 Server
Enterprise
Edtion and I have also upgraded Visual Studio.net to
visual
studio.net 2003. After being prompted by vs.net2003 to
convert my
old
files to the new standard, I was warned that I could use
them again
in an older version of visual studio. I also created a new
virtual
directory for my website and tried to browse on of my
webpage, but
then I get the following error "Login failed for user 'NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'"
In SQL2000 I already have an account for ASPNET and
POWERPLANT\ASPNET, in my datebase, POWERPLANT being my
server.
The webpages themselves are created in c#. Have I missed
something
in
the configuration of Windows2003 or in
Visualstudio2003.net or in
Sql2000.
When I was using the previous visual studio.net and
running it on
windowsXP Pro, I only had a problem in the begining that
ASPNET user
account was not created in SQL2000, is this a similar
problem .

brgs
Sohail

1. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE....

Sounds like you are IIS6 in the default settings? You need to give access to
the database for whichever user account your ASP.Net pages are running as --
which seems to be "network" right now.

--
~Brad Kingsley
Microsoft MVP - ASP

http://www.orcsweb.com/
Powerful Web Hosting Solutions
#1 in Service and Support

Please keep replies in the newsgroup

2. NSBRuntime What is it???

3. login failed for user 'DADSLAPTOP\ASPNET'

4. Viewing PDF in IE4 w/ActiveX - Any Help?

5. Login failed

6. Phases and Iterations

7. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'

8. ASP.NET fill form

9. How to correct "Login failed for NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" in .NET PetShop

10. Error connecting to SQL Server 7: Login failed for user '(null)'

11. Login failed for user 'LOCALHOST\ASPNET'

12. Crystal - Login Failed

13. ADO.NET -> MSDE: Login failed for user '(null)'