NAT causes Remoting events to fail & Bidirectional TCP not working

NAT causes Remoting events to fail & Bidirectional TCP not working

Post by Jason Meistric » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:10:11

I am writing a simple chat program that needs to work between two routers.
It works perfectly using Tcp, but not through routers.  I have tried Ingo's
Bidirectional Tcp Channel, but:
1. I am unable to get a server sink (to determine clients' ip) to work with
it.
2. It hangs when trying to subscribe to events if the object is created
using Activator.GetObject(..) programmitically and not in a config file.

Has anyone come up with a better solution yet or Ingo, could you improve the
channel or could someone help me with how to create a Bidirectional channel
programmatically, as it is quite likely I am doing something wrong?

Thanks.
-Jason Meistrich

NAT causes Remoting events to fail & Bidirectional TCP not working

Post by Joe Rob » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:04:31

I dont have exact answers to your problems. I can only tell you that I
tried Ingos channel too and had tons of problems. Its obvious that this
channel is not a stable solution to use in porfessional applications. This
was alse the answer Ingo gave me to my problems, so we have to wait until
someone is solving the problems...

Joe Robe

Quote:> I am writing a simple chat program that needs to work between two routers.
> It works perfectly using Tcp, but not through routers.  I have tried
Ingo's
> Bidirectional Tcp Channel, but:
> 1. I am unable to get a server sink (to determine clients' ip) to work
with
> it.
> 2. It hangs when trying to subscribe to events if the object is created
> using Activator.GetObject(..) programmitically and not in a config file.

> Has anyone come up with a better solution yet or Ingo, could you improve
the
> channel or could someone help me with how to create a Bidirectional
channel
> programmatically, as it is quite likely I am doing something wrong?

> Thanks.
> -Jason Meistrich

1. NAT causing Remoting events to fail

Here it is,

I saw on an earlier post some mention this problem I am having regarding
Remoting and NAT. The problem is that after the client conects to the server
by instanstiating a CAO, my server app needs to send a notification via an
event to other connected clients - nuch like AOL and Yahoo Messenger do. The
problem is that the client app sits behind a firewall and has an internal
address (192.168.....).  For some reason the server app is trying to connect
back using this internal IP,  (I know because I checked the outgoing IP log
table).  In the previous post I did not see a solution or even a suggestion
that this was a known bug and would be fixed in an upcoming Service Pack or
something.  This seems to me to be a pretty deal - at least it is for right
now. What I don't understand is how messenger applications can connect back
and forth to their servers even when installed on clients that use NAT -
those that have external translations and those that don't. I would greatly
appreciate all comments and suggestions regarding this problem. Thank you in
advance.

Shay

2. windows CE device driver development

3. Bidirectional TCP Channels Work Locally, Fail Remotely

4. Mac OS 8.6 and USB

5. Pls Help: Remoting not working using TCP

6. SQLForms FUNCTION Capability (followup)

7. CLIENT behind NAT does not recieve events, server HANGS

8. Lucida fails to elucidate

9. REQ: News about the TCP bidirectional channel

10. Server to know IPs of connected clients with Bidirectional Tcp

11. Problem with TCP Bidirectional channel

12. TCP Bidirectional channel

13. Need help in making the remoting work with Tcp channel.