datagrid itemtemplate textbox

Post by kalaivana » Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:53:45

hi,
how do i handle events for datagrid itemtemplate textboxes and how do i
set tabindex for the itemtemplate textboxes.

Kalaivanan.

1. Accessing Object of a Textbox in ItemTemplate of a DataGrid Control

 Hi,

here is a sample..

  <asp:DataGrid id="dg1" runat=server>
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn>
    <asp:TextBox id=txt1 runat=server Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, ""ColumnName") %>' </asp:TextBox>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>
</asp:DataGrid>

In VS.NET the TextBox txt1 does not create a object on  its own in the C#
code behind( Other wise , even if you add a textbox manually the object is
create in the code behind file. If I try to create a object with the same
name that is 'txt1' , its null. So I am not able to access the txt1.Text
property.

Any One, knows how to access the txt1 object properties....

Thanx in Advance,

DO

2. XP IPSEC vs W2K IPSEC

3. Can't access asp:textbox within ItemTemplate of asp:DataList

4. FS:Lucent Telephones & Systems

5. Using controls in a DataGrid's ItemTemplate

6. G++ and IRIX 4.05H ld - problems?

7. ItemTemplates and Datagrid

8. Where are the international settings kept for term users?

9. DataGrid ItemTemplate problems

10. Enable/Disable ItemTemplate Controls in a DataGrid

11. Datagrid Template Dropdownlist in itemTemplate - How?

12. Having problem in updating a label field in datagrid (ITEMTEMPLATE)

13. Retrieving values from dynamically generated itemtemplates for datagrid