HELP: Serialization error: "' ', hexadec imal value 0x06, is an invalid character

HELP: Serialization error: "' ', hexadec imal value 0x06, is an invalid character

Post by Petar Koz » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:43:19

Hi there,

I am developing an application using remoting and serialization in
VB.NET. Remoting is handled on ther server by my app's Web service.
When a client (WIndows GUI app) attempts to connect to the server to
load an object the following error occurs:

"' ', hexadecimal value 0x06, is an invalid character

Server stack trace:
   at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.ParseXml()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Run()
   at
   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler
   handler, ISerParser serParser)   at
   System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Deserialize(Stream
   serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler)   at
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeSoapResponseMessage(Stream
   inputStream, IMessage requestMsg, Header[] h, Boolean
bStrictBinding)   at
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.DeserializeMessage(IMethodCallMessage
   mcm, ITransportHeaders headers, Stream stream)   at
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage
   msg)

If I use custom serialization using the ISerializable interface I do
not get this error.

Anyone know what could be the cause?

Thanks
Petar

1. Need help with LINQ to SQL error "Invalid Object Name '+'"

Hi,

I just wrote my first LINQ to SQL C# code and encounter an error when
performing an ADD and SELECT call.  I written a sliver to WCF to SQL
Server code. I created the DataClasses.dbml code with the designer
instead of SQL Metal. In the WCF cocde,  The ADD method

DataClassesDataContext db = new DataClassesDataContext();

Table<Log> LogTable = db.GetTable<Log>();

LogTable.InsertOnSubmit(Log);

LogTable.Context.SubmitChanges();

On the SubmitChanges method, an SqlException is thrown stating Invalid
Object '+'.

Here is my connection string:

connectionstring]"Data source=152.265.264.21;Initial
Catalog=MyLogDB;User ID=john123;Password=MyPassword
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

I read on other forum, that their connection string has an error, but
I can see anything is wrong.

Any help is appreciated in getting my LINQ to SQL to work.

Thanks

2. PAT port handler vs. NAT overload

3. System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x01 , is an invalid character

4. Deleting unused entries in registry improves performance?

5. 'Invalid character value for cast specification'

6. DIB file format

7. "Quote Values Differently inside a '<% "Value" %>' block

8. malloc()/free()/heap and thrashing; 2 stray queries

9. Character '<', hexdecimal value 0x3c is illegal in XML attribute values

10. "initialization variable 'Time' set to invalid number"

11. "Invalid column name 'ProductID'."

12. help: Request.Form can't read character ' \251'