How: Changing the look of the 'Invalid Property Value' warning in a PropertyGrid?

How: Changing the look of the 'Invalid Property Value' warning in a PropertyGrid?

Post by Robert Hooke » Wed, 14 May 2003 03:08:09

When inside a property grid, I am throwing exceptions when a value is out of
range for a cell.

All works well - I get the "Invalid Property" box appearing... Except that
the 'juicy' bit of myout-of-range warning is hiden by the "Details" button
on the Invalid Property Value box that the grid shows...

Is there ANY way of getting it to show a different box, or at least to have
the 'Details' shown by default?

Anyone at Microsoft have any hints?

Robert.

How: Changing the look of the 'Invalid Property Value' warning in a PropertyGrid?

Post by Bharat Patel [MSFT » Wed, 14 May 2003 07:35:10

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, there is nothing built into propertygrid to change this error
message. You will find a hack approach at the following newsgroup post which I
don't recommend but you can at least read it to understand what's happening
behind the scene.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9ae5...
0630.12e07ec9%40posting.google.com&rnum=5

Hope this helps!
Bharat Patel
Microsoft, Visual Basic .NET

Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.

How: Changing the look of the 'Invalid Property Value' warning in a PropertyGrid?

Post by Robert Hooke » Thu, 15 May 2003 05:48:51

Thanks - I shall investigate that code. We are already inheriting and
extending the PropertyGrid for a number of other reasons - so one more wont
hurt too much!
Thanks again,
Rob.

Quote:> Hi Robert,

> Unfortunately, there is nothing built into propertygrid to change this
error
> message. You will find a hack approach at the following newsgroup post
which I
> don't recommend but you can at least read it to understand what's
happening
> behind the scene.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9ae5...
Quote:> 0630.12e07ec9%40posting.google.com&rnum=5

> Hope this helps!
> Bharat Patel
> Microsoft, Visual Basic .NET

rights.
> Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.

1. Changing the look of the Invalid Property Value warning in a PropertyGrid?

When inside a property grid, I am throwing exceptions when a value is out of
range for a cell.

All works well - I get the "Invalid Property" box appearing... Except that
the 'juicy' bit of my
out-of-range warning is hiden by the "Details" button on the Invalid
Property Value box that the grid shows...

Is there ANY way of getting it to show a different box, or at least to have
the 'Details' shown by default?

Anyone at Microsoft have any hints?

Robert.

2. informations about CAN(controlled area network)

3. propertyGrid - can you dynamically change a property's attributes?

4. digitizing underexposed slides

5. System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x01 , is an invalid character

6. Win 98

7. HELP: Serialization error: "' ', hexadec imal value 0x06, is an invalid character

8. WE SELL - NEW - CISCO AS5350 - CISCO AS5400 - WORLDWIDE

9. XML Schema Validation : Invalid 'id' attribute value

10. 'Invalid character value for cast specification'

11. Changing properties on child controls when the parent's property changes...

12. Invalid value for key 'integrated security'

13. MSVC++: default for 'char' changed from 'unsigned' to 'signed'?