.NET replacement for dsofile ?

Post by Kaspe » Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:18:35

Hi
Does anyone know if .NET framework provides functionality
that supercedes the dsofile component which has provided
the file properties Read/Write capability

thanks in advance

1. DsoFile and File Properties in .net

I am trying to use the dso file object in dot net, but I
am getting some wierd results.

I added DSO file to my .net project in VS.  I am then
executing the following code.

DSOleFile.PropertyReader OleFileObj;
OleFileObj = new DSOleFile.PropertyReader();

DSOleFile.DocumentProperties DocProps =
OleFileObj.GetDocumentProperties ("C:\\Test.doc")

When running this, sometimes (and only sometimes) I get
the following error:

The file you have selected has no document properties.
execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and where
it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The file you
have selected has no document properties.

When I go and look at the file in Windows Explorer, the
file has document properties.

Please help.

Mike

2. Why does DnD of a string not work into NotePad?

3. What is te replacement of RDS in .net

4. I can't view my ASP.NET pages on W2K DC

5. Using DSOFILE.DLL with VBScript

6. Flat-Rate Call Plans Lose Ruling in Colorado Supreme Court

7. Connection/Recordset replacement in .NET?

8. graphics performance: what's best replacement for .NET Graphics?

9. Interop with office document summary [dsofile.dll]

10. replacement for isValid in .NET

11. Connection/Recordset replacement in .NET?

12. .NET replacement for Public modules?