VSS OLE Automation Much Slower then VSSESP

VSS OLE Automation Much Slower then VSSESP

Post by Chris Dohert » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:39:27

Hi I've been working with the OLE Automation object and
found that to get a list of files with the same
informationn as is displayed in native VSSEXP is much much
slower. The hold up appears to be in getting the latest
file date by lookinf at the Versions. E.g.
For Each objVSSVersion In objVSSFile.Versions
    If objVSSVersion.VersionNumber =
objVSSObject.VersionNumber Then
                        FileDate = objVSSVersion.Date
                        Exit For
                    End If
                Next
The first line stops for nearly 1 sec. It appears that
there is no other way to get the last check in date

VSS OLE Automation Much Slower then VSSESP

Post by Joe Maste » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:13:25

If that's what's being done in the sample code at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ssafe/downloads/samples.asp
(the first sample for VB5)

(and I think it is -- see the History.frm file) then that's the way it
is, I guess.

Joe

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:39:27 -0800, "Chris Doherty"

>Hi I've been working with the OLE Automation object and
>found that to get a list of files with the same
>informationn as is displayed in native VSSEXP is much much
>slower. The hold up appears to be in getting the latest
>file date by lookinf at the Versions. E.g.
>For Each objVSSVersion In objVSSFile.Versions
>    If objVSSVersion.VersionNumber =
>objVSSObject.VersionNumber Then
>                        FileDate = objVSSVersion.Date
>                        Exit For
>                    End If
>                Next
>The first line stops for nearly 1 sec. It appears that
>there is no other way to get the last check in date

1. VSS OLe Automation in VB

Hi,

  I am integrating an application written in Visual Basic
and VSS. I am able to attach my self to VSS Database and
also able to Add and Checkin Items. The Problem is with
Checkout... I have set the Working Directory as, say,
D:\BASELINED\Source

When I am doing checkout's it's Checking out to
d:\baselined Can anyone help me out  I am using the
Following piece of Code to do checkouts

Set ObjVssItem = ObjVssDb.VSSItem("$\Users\Prashanth S\" &
Text1.Text)
Call ObjVssItem.Checkout ("Test
CheckOut", "D:\BASELINED\SOURCE")

2. O. Express vs. Entourage - which?

3. Open a VSS Database with OLE Automation in Perl

4. : polar plots/object properties

5. How to find out if file is pinned by means of VSS OLE Automation?

6. System information file NFO file

7. VSS OLE Automation Problem

8. key mappings

9. VSS OLE automation

10. OLE Automation helpfile(s) missing in VSS 6.0c?

11. Getting VSS OLE automation API documentation

12. OLE automation, VSS, dev tools: INTEGRATION?

13. VSS OLE Automation: before checkout branching