Why don't I get Intellisense in the HTML window in ASP.NET??

Why don't I get Intellisense in the HTML window in ASP.NET??

Post by Alan Aackerma » Wed, 22 May 2002 22:29:57

When I am writing some code in the HTML window of my ASP.NET page I cannot
get any intellisense. Even with a known object like "response.write".

What is the deal?

Why don't I get Intellisense in the HTML window in ASP.NET??

Post by Pavel Kalyaki » Wed, 22 May 2002 23:10:34

Microsoft forces you to separate logic from presentation tier...

--
Pavel Kalyakin
www.actis.ru

Quote:> When I am writing some code in the HTML window of my ASP.NET page I cannot
> get any intellisense. Even with a known object like "response.write".

> What is the deal?

Why don't I get Intellisense in the HTML window in ASP.NET??

Post by [MVP] Thomas Tomicze » Wed, 22 May 2002 23:28:30

Beacause this is not supported.

You are supposed to sue CodeBehind and compile the code into a dll.

Now, dont stat a war discussing this with me - I am with you here :-)

--
Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

Quote:> When I am writing some code in the HTML window of my ASP.NET page I cannot
> get any intellisense. Even with a known object like "response.write".

> What is the deal?

Why don't I get Intellisense in the HTML window in ASP.NET??

Post by BCM » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:12:56

Right: MS says that the reason is to separate the GUI from the business
logic (which I have no problem with), and yet you're FORCED to use C# code
within the HTML when databinding controls (i.e. the DataBinder.Eval()
method). Inconsistent? Well, what else would you call it?

No flame wars please (they've already been had on this topic) but just in
case someone at MS reads this little thread PLEASE include Intellisense with
the HTML the next time around.