character map fails for certain characters

character map fails for certain characters

Post by Beemer Bike » Sun, 11 May 2003 07:50:53

I attempted to use some Wingdings, the ones that have a numeric digit
0,1,...9,10 with a circle about them and only a few are copied correctly
into the caption field of a button.  Is there something I am missing
here????  The hex values of the characters in question are 0x8b thru 0x95
for the above Wingdings (the ones with the flood fill, not the empty ones
0..10).

Instead I get (on my visual basic button form)
0x8b -> hand with pencil thru it
0x8c -> hand with pencil thru it
0x8d -> (2) which is exactly what I want
0x8e -> hand with pencil thru it
0x8f -> (3) eggzactly what I want
0x90 ->(4) this is just right
0x91 -> another stupid hand with pencil thru it
...all the rest are the stupid hand with pencil thru it.
FWIW i am going to past them just before after this separator line