Insert records in a SQL Server via DBGrid

Insert records in a SQL Server via DBGrid

Post by Rodrigo Minat » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to do an ActiveX control, that insert, update and delete
records in a table on
SQL server.

I use a Data Control to connect to the Data Server and the DBGrid to
insert the records.
On DBGrid, I set Allow permissions but it doesn't work. It read the
records but don't allow to change the data.

Please, I need help.

The Data Control:
    Connect: ODBC
    Databasename: DSN
    DefaultType: 2 - Use Jet
    Read Only: False
    RecordsetType: 1 - Dynaset
    Recordsource: dbo.table

The DBGrid Control
    Allow.Addnew = True
    Allow.Arrows = True
    Allow.Delete = True
    Allow.Update = True
    DataMode = 0 - Bound

Thanks for your attention.

Rodrigo Minati - SP - Brazil

Insert records in a SQL Server via DBGrid

Post by Denis Gorshko » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Things to check:
a) Your recordset is updatable
b) Settings in the grid that determine grid behavour on reaching last row - you can setup to automatically issue addnew.

Denis Gorshkov
Mobi-Sys Software Group Inc.
Try Visual Make - VB multiproject build utility
www.mobi-sys.com

[...]

1. Insert Data in Sql server via windo form c# help

hi all im deepak my query is how can we insert values in sql server
via window form without coding i mean through drag and drop i created
a dataset through server now wat are the steps to do it can anyone
please please let me know if u can help through snapshot will be great
full ??
thanx
deepak bisht !!!

2. LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress

3. How to update/delete/insert records to SQL server wit VB.NET?

4. Wanted: ADB LockOut Code

5. Getting the recordid of a record just inserted into a table in SQL server

6. how do i use the _doPostBack event in javascript

7. Inserting record into a calculated field in SQL Server

8. Tape Backup

9. sending xml layout to sql server using vb.net and dbgrid

10. Filter parent records via filtered child records

11. Inserting multiple records to SQL 2000

12. SQL Stored Proc and Multiple records to Update/Insert?

13. cannot insert more than 45 records in a table in sql ce (urgent)