SQL server .NET data provider

Post by Miro » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:29:30

Hi!

Where can I find the "SQL server .NET data provider". I
have Visual Studio.NET (C#), but I only have the OLE DB
providers. In the walkthroughs and examples
the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" is used
but in the MSDN documentation they sing about this
fantastic "SQL server .NET data provider". But, where is
it?

/M

SQL server .NET data provider

Post by Patrice Scrib » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:38:14

This is just the System.Data.Sql namespace...

Patrice

Quote:> Hi!

> Where can I find the "SQL server .NET data provider". I
> have Visual Studio.NET (C#), but I only have the OLE DB
> providers. In the walkthroughs and examples
> the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" is used
> but in the MSDN documentation they sing about this
> fantastic "SQL server .NET data provider". But, where is
> it?

> /M

SQL server .NET data provider

Post by chris collinso » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:45:20

Hi,

I am not trying to be funny so please dont take it the
wrong way, but have you looked in the following namespace?

System.Data;
System.Data.SqlClient;

You should have a reference to the System.Data.dll in your
application.

If this is no help please let me know and I will see if I
can suggest anything else?

Chris

Quote:>-----Original Message-----