Sorting Child Rows...

Post by Lindsay Mile » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:36:31

Hi,

Excuse my ignorance on this but I need to sort a table of child-rows by a
specified field when I do a  .getchildrows  on the parent row.

Can anyone please advise on this ..?  Is there something I can do when
building the DataRelation between the tables (done in code, not throught any
wizard) or something the set when executing the .getchildrows  method on the
parent row... I don't know ...
Obviously I can build this into a query:  ...order by [fieldname]   but then
where do I this query? Any suggestions??

Thanx,

LM

Sorting Child Rows...

Post by Chris Al » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 05:02:15

Look into using a DataView to look at the info in the
Datatable. You can filter and sort with the Dataview
hope that helps

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Excuse my ignorance on this but I need to sort a table of
child-rows by a
>specified field when I do a  .getchildrows  on the parent
row.

>Can anyone please advise on this ..?  Is there something
I can do when
>building the DataRelation between the tables (done in

code, not throught any
Quote:>wizard) or something the set when executing

the .getchildrows  method on the
Quote:>parent row... I don't know ...
>Obviously I can build this into a query:  ...order by

[fieldname]   but then
Quote:>where do I this query? Any suggestions??

>Thanx,

>LM

>.

Sorting Child Rows...

Post by Lindsay Mile » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 05:28:12

Thanx Chris, I've just been looking at that. Thats the way I'll go for
now...
Anyone else have other ideas?
LM

Quote:> Look into using a DataView to look at the info in the