Error CS2011 when adding web reference vb.net

Error CS2011 when adding web reference vb.net

Post by Alan Littlewoo » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:53:03

Im just beginning with visual studio.net and trying
unsuccessfully to go through the 'Distributed
Applications' walkthroughs in the ms documentation.  There
seems to be some problem or other with nearly every step
(and that's after I've figured out what I'm supposed to do
next!) I'm trying to set up the AuthorsWebService and I've
got as far as adding a web reference.  I've managed
(eventually) to get rid of one error that said there were
no web services and the proxy settings were wrong. Now I'm
getting the error:

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error
CS2011: Unable to open response
file 'C:\WINNT\Temp\erptgclb.cmdline'

the filename is different with each attempt but otherwise
the error is always the same. I can't find any reference
to this error so any help, before I give up altogether,
would be appreciated.

Error CS2011 when adding web reference vb.net

Post by Bill Cheng ( » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:01:40

Hi Alan,

Sometimes the problem is related to security. Please check if the following
article helps.
Q315904 BUG: "Cannot Execute a Program" Err Msg If You Call WebServices
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q315/9/04.asp

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

| Subject: Error CS2011 when adding web reference vb.net
| Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:53:03 -0700

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.xml
|
| Im just beginning with visual studio.net and trying
| unsuccessfully to go through the 'Distributed
| Applications' walkthroughs in the ms documentation.  There
| seems to be some problem or other with nearly every step
| (and that's after I've figured out what I'm supposed to do
| next!) I'm trying to set up the AuthorsWebService and I've
| got as far as adding a web reference.  I've managed
| (eventually) to get rid of one error that said there were
| no web services and the proxy settings were wrong. Now I'm
| getting the error:
|
| Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error
| CS2011: Unable to open response
| file 'C:\WINNT\Temp\erptgclb.cmdline'
|
| the filename is different with each attempt but otherwise
| the error is always the same. I can't find any reference
| to this error so any help, before I give up altogether,
| would be appreciated.

1. Add Web Reference failed with error CS2011

I just installed VS.Net on XP Pro. I deployed my demo web
service into IIS and tried to add reference to it. First
I run to the problem with .vsdico. After I modified
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
\CONFIG\machine.config (uncommenting tag <add verb="*"
path="*.vsdisco" ... as recomended here in this msgboard)
I run into the following error:

downloading 'http://localhost/WebService1/WebService1.vsdi
sco'.

The request failed with the error message:
--
    <head>
        <title>Unable to generate a temporary class
(result=1).
error CS2011: Unable to open response
file 'C:\WINDOWS\Temp\wz-hcdvs.cmdline'
</title>
                bo

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Jozef
from Santa Clara

2. SF Bay PERNET: 10/26, SPEC95

3. Error adding a web reference in VS.NET for WS-Trust

4. Networking with Novell version ???

5. Referencing the "root" in a VB.NET Web Application

6. SW2001 Benchmark Test Results

7. Create Web Reference at Runtime VB.NET

8. Buying a High Speed Modem

9. Upgrade error - VB.net 2003 to VB.net 2005

10. Adding a C# page to a VB.NET web site.

11. HTTP Error 403 When Adding Web Reference

12. error adding web reference

13. 407 proxy error when adding web reference