Version filtering using OLE Automation ...

Version filtering using OLE Automation ...

Post by Pedro Mendoz » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:28:07

Hi everybody,

I am connecting to my VSS database from an ASP application using the OLE
Automation server, Due to perfomance issues, when I retreive the history of an
item, I would like to limit the versions to an specific range of dates, a
behavior similar to the -V option in the command line VSS

Unfortunately, the two methods (Version and Versions) provided by VSSItem object
doesnt allow such fine-tuning

Is there any workaround for this situation ?

TIA,
Pedro

1. Version filtering through OLE Automation

Hi everybody,

I am connecting to a VSS database from an ASP application using the VSS OLE
Automation server, Due to a performance issue, i would like to specify a range
for the versions retrieval of an specific project, what i am looking for is a
behavior similar to the -V option in the command line utility as in the following
example: -V01/01/01~01/31/01

Unfortunately, the methods provided by the VSSItem object doesnt allow to
specify such a range, those methods are:

HRESULT Version ([in,optional]VARIANT Version, [out,retval]IVSSItem **ppIItem)

That returns ONE version of the item

and ...

HRESULT Versions ([in, defaultvalue(0)]long iFlags, [out,retval]IVSSVersions
**ppIVersions)

That returns ALL the versions of the item

Is there any workaround for this situation ?

TIA,
Pedro

2. Mailing Eventlog Entries

3. Getting Latest Version using Ole automation...

4. Epson MX-100 printer vs. OS/2 (and Windows)

5. OLE Automation: Printing .rtf documents using MS Word

6. Sendmail woes, please help

7. Differing files using OLE automation

8. Save money!!!

9. Getting a file from project label using OLE automation fails for numeric labels.

10. Problems with ASP.NET using OLE Automation for Excel

11. Implementing the SourceSafe "Get Latest Version" Using Automation

12. How to use an exe OLE automation server in .NET ?

13. VSS OLe Automation in VB