First reboot after installing Framework SDK yields "The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactively" when I try to log on...

First reboot after installing Framework SDK yields "The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactively" when I try to log on...

Post by ES » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:47:56

Hi,
I just installed the .NET Framework SDK, and  I didn't see anything in the
late-breaking/Known issues section that would indicate problems.
Unfortunately, after the first reboot, I tried logging on and I receive a
"The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on
interactively." message.  I am now unable to log on to this machine.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can log onto my server?  I can't find a copy
of NTRIGHTS.EXE (MSKB Q276590), and I wonder if that would even work...

Any help is appreciated...

Post by ES » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:48:05

Hi,
I just installed the .NET Framework SDK, and  I didn't see anything in the
late-breaking/Known issues section that would indicate problems.
Unfortunately, after the first reboot, I tried logging on and I receive a
"The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on
interactively." message.  I am now unable to log on to this machine.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can log onto my server?  I can't find a copy
of NTRIGHTS.EXE (MSKB Q276590), and I wonder if that would even work...

Any help is appreciated...

1. The Local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactively.?

The beginning of the VisualStudio.Net install it asked me
if I'd like the install to automatically log me in after
reboots and asked for my password. This sounded good so I
entered my password and it rebooted and I got an error
that said:
"The Local policy of this system does not permit you to
log on interactively."

So it looks like some switch was flipped to only login
automatically but it just stops at the login screen.

I can't find any knowledge base articles to deal with
this. Can anyone shed some light?

2. need help with first time setup of PIX515E

3. action log does not indicate files as "checked out"

4. Quadra 900 Internal CD-ROM bezel

5. Writing to log..."Requested registry access is not allowed."

6. TCP/IP Internals ????

7. Error installing .NET Framework SDK: "Extracting file failed."

8. Can I connect wireless laptop to a stand-alone PC (Win98SE) to dialup the internet?

10. "An error log is being created."

11. when using DataSet, event log flooded with "open DataReader associated with this connection"

12. Best profile for closure""""""""""Windows Server Engineer""""""""" @ Sacramento CA for 1year project

13. """"""""""Oracle Portal Developer Position"""""""" @ Dallas TX for 6+ months