Complete control of WebService response

Post by A. H?kan Wennerber » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 10:26:58

Hi,

Is there anyway to have full control of the output from a WebService. When I
return a String the service embedes this return value with some XML. Since I
want my method to return an XML-document I've created myself I do not want
it to be embeded in the WebService's XML-document.

How can I prevent the WebService-generated XML-document?

Thanks,
H?kan Wennerberg

1. Stored Procdure complete response

C# 3.5 VS 2008
SQL 2008
Win XP

Still learning, be gental.

Some one has asked me to create a little exe that will run a series of
stored procedures sequentially.  Each are dependant on the one before
it completing successfully, else show which failed and error and
break.

I asked him why doesn't he do this with SSIS.  He said dev does not
want any jobs set up on the test server that wouldn't be used on a
production server. - fine.

I have tried working through this using async communication.  Most of
what I have comes from here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7b6f9k7k(v=VS.90).aspx

However, there is no user interaction required because some of the job
run long.  He just wants to start the exe and walk away.

Maybe I shouldn't be using async.  I'm just not sure. Here is what I
would like:
Running sp1...
sp1 completed successfully
Running sp2...
sp2 completed successfully

With async I end up with
Running sp1...
Running sp2...
sp1 completed successfully
sp2 completed successfully

Any simple ideas or examples you can point me too would be great.

Thanks

2. how to complie my program based on Berkeley DB

3. Run only aspx pages and WebServices in a Web Server, not VS.NET complete

4. CDROM drive not refreshing file listing when disc changes - help!

5. Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

6. ImageWriter Replacement

7. Webservice consummation issue from an pocketPC .net SDE program : abnormal time before the response is get

8. FP32 -> FP36: CSF doesn't see Base OS as serviceable

9. URGENT:webservice does not response

10. Time-out waiting for response from webservice

11. including the <xsl:stylesheet> element in the Response of a Webservice

12. WebService Response Encoding

13. Dynamic WebService Response in .NET?