how to tell rows in a datalist?

Post by <bon.. » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 01:33:55

it is convinient to present database query result using
the datalist control.  but, how if nothing is returned
from the database query?  It is any easy way to determine
whether no result is returned?

how to tell rows in a datalist?

Post by Rames » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:31:45

You want to know the number of rows returned by the query?
It depends on how you are executing the query.
May be I dont understand your question right. Can you elaborate a little
but more please?

Thanks

Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

how to tell rows in a datalist?

Post by <bon.. » Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:17:00

Usually, i use "<ASP:DataList>" tag to display the result
of "select" query.  It is convinient.  However, when the
query returns zero row, the area of "<ASP:DataList>" block
shows nothing, and i can't customize what should be shown.

That is my dilemma: if i keep the datalist control, then i
lose the ability to customize the zero result situation.

Thanks

Quote:>You want to know the number of rows returned by the query?
>It depends on how you are executing the query.
>May be I dont understand your question right. Can you
elaborate a little
>but more please?

>Thanks

>Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
>Microsoft Developer support

how to tell rows in a datalist?

Post by Toma » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:53:05

If you want to keep the datalist, you can test for the presence of rows
before binding the data to the list. If there is no rows to display insert a
new row in the dataset with whatever you want to show up in that situation.

-Tomas

Quote:> Usually, i use "<ASP:DataList>" tag to display the result
> of "select" query.  It is convinient.  However, when the
> query returns zero row, the area of "<ASP:DataList>" block
> shows nothing, and i can't customize what should be shown.

> That is my dilemma: if i keep the datalist control, then i
> lose the ability to customize the zero result situation.

> Thanks

> >You want to know the number of rows returned by the query?
> >It depends on how you are executing the query.
> >May be I dont understand your question right. Can you
> elaborate a little
> >but more please?

> >Thanks

> >Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
> >Microsoft Developer support

1. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

Has anyone been successful in adding custom built-in functions into
Excel via the .net XP Interop assemblies?

According to MS KB 316723, you have to make sure you build the
deployment project for the Current User, not the machine.  I did that.

Also, in the Add-in path for Excel, I added a string called "Automation"
(from a support call to Microsoft) ... but
alas ... no add-in after I install.

Anyone get this to work?

--mike

2. once more plz: How do you time a piece of code?

3. add new row and tell the currencymanager to move to it

4. multilangauge support

5. how 2 tell if user is editing last row in a dg?

6. AmiTCP/IP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

7. how 2 tell if a row's status is EditItem?

8. compiling the eval command

9. how to tell what dg row the user is on?

10. How do I do sorting on child rows in a datalist?

11. Edit rows in a DataList

12. DataList OnItemCommad to manipulate Selected Row controls

13. Can we create DataList Row Headers???