Problem using Property viewer to assign collection type property to a control

Problem using Property viewer to assign collection type property to a control

Post by Naveen K Kohl » Mon, 27 May 2002 00:48:52

In my custom user control I have a property that stores a collection of
strings. I am using StringCollection type data. When i drop the control on
form designer, the control shows up fine. All other properties work fine
when changed through Property editor. But when i click on the icon infront
of this collection type property, the Editor comes up. Now I click on "Add".
It throws the following error at me

---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
Constructor on type System.String not found.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

How do you implement collection type properties on a custom control?

Thanks,
Naveen

1. Collection as property of a complex type which is itself a property

I've read several threads that discuss similar situations and have yet to
discover a solution to my problem.

My web control's name is MyWindow.  MyWindow has a property which is a
complex type (WindowTabs) which has several properties.  One of these
properties (Tabs),  is a collection, a wrapper around an ArrayList, of
another complex type (Tab) which also has several properties.

I can modify the collection in the designer; however, render never seems to
be called on MyWindow when modifying the Tabs collection.  If I change
another property and get render to fire, I can see the settings for the Tabs
collection at design time, but at runtime, design time settings are lost.

If I move Tabs up a level and make it a property of MyWindow, as opposed to
having it nested inside of WindowTabs, all is well.

Is there a limit to how deep properties of complex types can be nested?  Any
suggestions are very appreciated.

2. IR Speaker Distribution Switch

3. PROBLEM implementing DATASOURCE properties within a Collection property

4. About execute Api function in evb

5. Using Collection Types as Properties

6. HPUX 10.20 support

7. Assign properties of a User Control from a webform using code-behind?

8. Bitmaps and Memory...

9. Property access must assign to the property or use its value.

10. ASP+ WEB Control, Collection type property, CollectionEditor, UlrEditor

11. PropertyGrid assigning a collection to a property

12. ASP+ WEB Control, Collection type property, CollectionEditor, UlrEditor

13. using a collection editor to set the value of a control property