Addin brings up installer again and again

Addin brings up installer again and again

Post by Amit Pate » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:05:38

Hi,
I have a solution which has an addin and a wizard written
in C#(based on sample code from MSDN). I have an
installer (MSI) to go with it. The installer was created
with the addin. I then added the output from the wizard
project and had a couple of Custom Install Steps in an
Installer class.

Now every time I bring the addin up or start the wizard
the Installer starts running again. It doesnot bring up
the Installer GUI from Step 1 but seems like its bringing
it up only from the custom install step. i.e. its not
asking me for the install directory or anything. But I
see the message boxes that I show in the Custom Install
Steps.

Any thoughts/ ideas?
Thanks.
Amit Patel

Addin brings up installer again and again

Post by Amit Pate » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 02:13:18

So finally I figured what my problem was.
I had a custom install step wherein i used an installer
class to move certain files around. The key is that if you
ask the installer to install certain files on the user's
application folder or wherever and then in your custom
install step you MOVE that file to some other place then
at the end of the install the Installer seems to be
running a sanity check to make sure that all the files
that it was supposed to install on the user's machine are
still there. And it doesn't find them.. So everytime it
tries to run/load that addin it starts running the custom
install step again.

I changed the MOVE to a COPY and it works fine... :)

-Amit

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>I have a solution which has an addin and a wizard written
>in C#(based on sample code from MSDN). I have an
>installer (MSI) to go with it. The installer was created
>with the addin. I then added the output from the wizard
>project and had a couple of Custom Install Steps in an
>Installer class.

>Now every time I bring the addin up or start the wizard
>the Installer starts running again. It doesnot bring up
>the Installer GUI from Step 1 but seems like its bringing
>it up only from the custom install step. i.e. its not
>asking me for the install directory or anything. But I
>see the message boxes that I show in the Custom Install
>Steps.

>Any thoughts/ ideas?
>Thanks.
>Amit Patel
>.

1. OnGetDispInfo is called again and again....

Hi,
OnGetDispInfo handler function is called for each callbak item in
ListCtrl.
The problem is that it's called again and again forever.
I want to handle it just one time, how can I cause the control to call
this function just once, in the first time that the item is displayed?
Need Help...
Thanks in advanced.
Amir.

Amir Cohen

2. new update of java codewarrior??

3. OnGetDispInfo is called again & again.....

4. Isn't That Great?????

5. Setup failed... again and again!

6. Performance Question

7. VS.NET and VSS - again, again

8. y2k verion of SMS Installer?

9. AGAIN.AGAIN: Downloading files from my aspx page

10. post-install: why is the installer getting called again?

11. Ugly, but working - feedback please !! - "again!" & "again" "ENTER" key to a button

12. Get project by label brings brings wrong versions of shared files