OleDb Transaction error

Post by Steve Campbel » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:39:29

1) I create an OleDb connection object
2) I create an OleDb Transaction object using the bove
connection object

Problem:
 transaction.Connection.connectionString property is
truncated at 70 bytes using the new (version 1.1) of
the .net framework. It works perfectly under the older
version of framework.

OleDb Transaction error

Post by Angel Saenz-Badillos[MS » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:56:34

Steve, I have no idea of what the problem could be, it does not repro for
me.
Could you post a code snippet?

--
Angel Saenz-Badillos [MS] Managed Providers
purposes only.

Quote:> 1) I create an OleDb connection object
> 2) I create an OleDb Transaction object using the bove
> connection object

> Problem:
>  transaction.Connection.connectionString property is
> truncated at 70 bytes using the new (version 1.1) of
> the .net framework. It works perfectly under the older
> version of framework.

OleDb Transaction error

Post by Sushil Chordi » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:58:53

If you create the following connection string
OleDbConnection oledbconnection1 = new OleDbConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB;
Data Source=localhost; User ID=login; Password=pwd;");
For security resons the password is not displayed as part of
oledbconnection1.ConnectionString and hence in our case this will print
Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=localhost; User ID=login;

I assume this is behavior your noticing, if there is something else please
post some repro code.

HTH,
Sushil.

Quote:> 1) I create an OleDb connection object
> 2) I create an OleDb Transaction object using the bove
> connection object

> Problem:
>  transaction.Connection.connectionString property is
> truncated at 70 bytes using the new (version 1.1) of
> the .net framework. It works perfectly under the older
> version of framework.

OleDb Transaction error

Post by Steve Campbel » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:37:42

Using the framework 1.1 I get an Exception:

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Login failed for
user 'sa'.

I had originally modified the Microsoft Data Application
Blocks to make it work for OleDb.
In the SqlHelper.cs program at method GetSpParameterSet()
is where it now stops processing.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If you create the following connection string
>OleDbConnection oledbconnection1 = new OleDbConnection

("Provider=SQLOLEDB;
Quote:>Data Source=localhost; User ID=login; Password=pwd;");
>For security resons the password is not displayed as part
of
>oledbconnection1.ConnectionString and hence in our case
this will print
>Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=localhost; User ID=login;

>I assume this is behavior your noticing, if there is

something else please
>post some repro code.

>HTH,
>Sushil.
>--
confers no rights.

>> 1) I create an OleDb connection object
>> 2) I create an OleDb Transaction object using the bove
>> connection object

>> Problem:
>>  transaction.Connection.connectionString property is
>> truncated at 70 bytes using the new (version 1.1) of
>> the .net framework. It works perfectly under the older
>> version of framework.

>.

1. OleDb error with COM+ Transactions

We experience an OLEDB error, with no additional error information
provided, when updating an Oracle database from .NET components
running under Enterprise Services.

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available:
0xFFFFFFFD

The functionality will work on two machines, but will fail on two
others. All machines are connecting to the same data server.

The error only occurs when Transactions are Required (in COM+)

The machines on which the application runs properly are running Window
2000 Professional and the machines where the application fails are
running Windows 2000 Server. All machines have the same Microsoft Data
Access Components files installed
( MDAC  2.7 RTM   2.70.7713.4 ).

All machines are running the same Oracle Client Files (8.1.7.1.5).
All machines have the Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0.3705 installed.
All machines have Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Developer
installed.

Strange Behavior Example

The application contains a list of records, retrieved within a
dataset, and when selected (with the use of checkboxes), processing is
performed for each row on the event of a single button click.

The process for each row includes reading data into another dataset,
then deleting and updating rows in that dataset. The error occurs when
attempting to process the first row that is flagged as deleted in a
child table in that dataset.  The deletion does not physically delete
records in the DB but rather just sets flags.

If there are two records to be processed and a user attempts to
process either one or both of them while running the application on a
Windows 2000 Server machine, the error will occur.

If the user logs onto the application running on a Windows 2000
Professional machine, he/she can process one or both of the requests
without getting the error.

If the application processes one of the two records (using Windows
2000 Professional), the user can then log onto the application running
on a Windows 2000 Server machine and process the other records without
getting the error.

2. LaTeX2e and Times-Roman, possible?

3. Automatic transactions /MS DTC transactions/COM+ transactions

4. CNF: Deadline extended for PSQT/PSTT 2000

5. Informix OLEDB 2.8 don't support COM+ transaction?

6. Serial Programming of the AT89S8252

7. DataAdapter/Transactions/OleDb

8. Recommendations on a sturdy/compact/cheap case?

9. Transactions when using OleDB with Oracle 7

10. Help !!! OleDB and Transactions

11. Working with Transactions in OleDB and ASP+

12. System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Oracle error occurred, but error message could

13. Help : Stored procedure transaction along with ADO.net transaction ??