1. OleDb error with COM+ Transactions
We experience an OLEDB error, with no additional error information
provided, when updating an Oracle database from .NET components
running under Enterprise Services.
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error information available:
The functionality will work on two machines, but will fail on two
others. All machines are connecting to the same data server.
The error only occurs when Transactions are Required (in COM+)
The machines on which the application runs properly are running Window
2000 Professional and the machines where the application fails are
running Windows 2000 Server. All machines have the same Microsoft Data
Access Components files installed
( MDAC 2.7 RTM 2.70.7713.4 ).
All machines are running the same Oracle Client Files (184.108.40.206.5).
All machines have the Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0.3705 installed.
All machines have Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Developer
Strange Behavior Example
The application contains a list of records, retrieved within a
dataset, and when selected (with the use of checkboxes), processing is
performed for each row on the event of a single button click.
The process for each row includes reading data into another dataset,
then deleting and updating rows in that dataset. The error occurs when
attempting to process the first row that is flagged as deleted in a
child table in that dataset. The deletion does not physically delete
records in the DB but rather just sets flags.
If there are two records to be processed and a user attempts to
process either one or both of them while running the application on a
Windows 2000 Server machine, the error will occur.
If the user logs onto the application running on a Windows 2000
Professional machine, he/she can process one or both of the requests
without getting the error.
If the application processes one of the two records (using Windows
2000 Professional), the user can then log onto the application running
on a Windows 2000 Server machine and process the other records without
getting the error.
2. LaTeX2e and Times-Roman, possible?
3. Automatic transactions /MS DTC transactions/COM+ transactions
4. CNF: Deadline extended for PSQT/PSTT 2000
5. Informix OLEDB 2.8 don't support COM+ transaction?
6. Serial Programming of the AT89S8252
8. Recommendations on a sturdy/compact/cheap case?
9. Transactions when using OleDB with Oracle 7
10. Help !!! OleDB and Transactions
11. Working with Transactions in OleDB and ASP+
12. System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Oracle error occurred, but error message could
13. Help : Stored procedure transaction along with ADO.net transaction ??