Accessing .NET Remoting Server From Win32 Native Client

Accessing .NET Remoting Server From Win32 Native Client

Post by Eli Mal » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:57:55

We need to develop a Win32 native c++ class (preferred) or a COM
component that will enable us to access a .NET Remoting TCP/IP
channel.

Constraints:

* .NET Framework will not be installed on the client.
* The client should support Microsoft operating systems starting with
Win95.

The question is how? Is it possible? Where Can I Find Documentation
About The Subject.

Thanks,
Eli Malka

Accessing .NET Remoting Server From Win32 Native Client

Post by Joel Matthia » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:12:40

Is one of your constraints that .NET CANNOT be installed on the client? If
this is true then you are going to have to write your own implementation of
a .NET remoting client. Rather you than me!

Joel

> We need to develop a Win32 native c++ class (preferred) or a COM
> component that will enable us to access a .NET Remoting TCP/IP
> channel.

> Constraints:

> * .NET Framework will not be installed on the client.
> * The client should support Microsoft operating systems starting with
> Win95.

> The question is how? Is it possible? Where Can I Find Documentation
> About The Subject.

> Thanks,
> Eli Malka

Accessing .NET Remoting Server From Win32 Native Client

Post by Andrew Hoppe » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:28:48

Does it absolutely have to be TCP? I recall being told by someone at MS that
the 2.0 SOAP toolkit could talk to .NET remoting using the HTTP channel and
SOAP formatting. That way all you'd have to install would be the SOAP
toolkit runtime.
If it does have to be TCP, you've got a rather large reverse-engineering
task ahead of you. Sorry.

-Andy Hopper

> We need to develop a Win32 native c++ class (preferred) or a COM
> component that will enable us to access a .NET Remoting TCP/IP
> channel.

> Constraints:

> * .NET Framework will not be installed on the client.
> * The client should support Microsoft operating systems starting with
> Win95.

> The question is how? Is it possible? Where Can I Find Documentation
> About The Subject.

> Thanks,
> Eli Malka

Accessing .NET Remoting Server From Win32 Native Client

Post by Richard Purcha » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:00:29

Short of a massive re-development, how about making a DCOM connection from
client to server, and then COM to .Net from there on ?

> We need to develop a Win32 native c++ class (preferred) or a COM
> component that will enable us to access a .NET Remoting TCP/IP
> channel.

> Constraints:

> * .NET Framework will not be installed on the client.
> * The client should support Microsoft operating systems starting with
> Win95.

> The question is how? Is it possible? Where Can I Find Documentation
> About The Subject.

> Thanks,
> Eli Malka

1. VB6 remote client try to access .NET component on server

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I hope someone can help me with my problem.
I have a VB.NET dll running on a server. I also have some
remote client without .NET framework running VB6
applications. How can they access the component on the
server? I tried to register the dll with regasm.exe on the
server and import the componet to COM+ service. But I
wasn't able to export the client package in COM+. Without
that package, how can the remote client access the COM+
component?

A thousands thanks!!

KKO

2. DART Programming - Is it possible?

3. start .net remoting server app with client remoting app

4. Choosing default route based on source of IP packet

5. How do I get a .net Server to access a remote Server

6. Design Table Problem

7. Native/Remote via DCOM/Access Denied

8. Keyboard protocol of LK201AZ keyboard

9. Accessing .NET Remoting Components from a Java Client

10. Accessing a .net remoting client from a web service

11. Native C++ to managed COM+: DCOM or .NET remoting?

12. Calling remote DCOM server (Unmanaged Classic COM Component) from .NET client

13. Exposing a .NET Remoting server object to COM clients