get the current insertion point in a RichTextBox Control in VB.net

get the current insertion point in a RichTextBox Control in VB.net

Post by pierre de Soyre » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:55:14

hello,

do you know how to retrieve the current position of the insertion point of a
RichTextBox control in VB.Net
Thank you

Pierre

get the current insertion point in a RichTextBox Control in VB.net

Post by Arvind Ranga » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:15:04

hi,

if u mean where the cursor position is then ,
richtextbox1.selectionstart   - this will return an integer the location of
the curson position.
you can use this point to find the insertion by adding the length of string
inserted.

Arvind

Quote:> hello,

> do you know how to retrieve the current position of the insertion point of
> RichTextBox control in VB.Net
> Thank you

> Pierre

1. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

Has anyone been successful in adding custom built-in functions into
Excel via the .net XP Interop assemblies?

According to MS KB 316723, you have to make sure you build the
deployment project for the Current User, not the machine.  I did that.

Also, in the Add-in path for Excel, I added a string called "Automation"
(from a support call to Microsoft) ... but
alas ... no add-in after I install.

Anyone get this to work?

--mike

2. new laptop: no serial, no IR: how to create a partnership with my Casio E115 Pocket-PC?

3. Creating Office Add-ins with VB.NET

4. Check printing in Money 2001

5. Writing MMC Snap-ins in VB.Net

6. Sum

7. Creating Visual Interdev Add-ins with VB

8. Create Office COM Add-Ins with VB .NET - need help

9. VS.NET add-ins events

10. VS.NET Add-ins: How to customize ToolBox programmatically?

11. ListBox Control with DragDrop and Insertion Point?

12. VS.NET add-ins and customization.