Warning message: Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

Warning message: Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

Post by Andrew Hoppe » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 06:14:43

I have a project I ported from beta1 to beta2; whenever I load the solution,
I get the error message:
Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

I'm sure it's an invalid property in a csproj or sln file, but I don't know
where to look (it's SUCH an informative error message).

Does anyone have a clue?

-Andy Hopper

Warning message: Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

Post by Donny Mac » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 13:02:16

Have you tried creating a new project in VS.NET B2 and comparing the csproj
and sln files created with yours from VS.NET B1? That would probably be your
best reference.

Is there a reason why you don't just create a new project in VS B2 and copy
your source files into it (i.e. .cs or .vb, .aspx , asmx etc?

Donny Mack, MCSD
DotNetJunkies.com
Are you a DotNetJunkie?
http://www.DotNetJunkies.com

Still not enough - Buy the book:
Programming Datadriven Web Applications with ASP.NET
by Donny Mack, Doug Seven
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672321068/dotnetjunkies-20/

Quote:> I have a project I ported from beta1 to beta2; whenever I load the
solution,
> I get the error message:
> Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

> I'm sure it's an invalid property in a csproj or sln file, but I don't
know
> where to look (it's SUCH an informative error message).

> Does anyone have a clue?

> -Andy Hopper

Warning message: Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

Post by Andy Hoppe » Sun, 01 Jul 2001 21:18:10

Yeah, I gave up yesterday and went ahead and did that. I was hoping I
could've fixed it the "right" way, though - I like to know things like the
structure of the sln & csproj files in case I get into a bind that the IDE
can't fix...

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

-Andy

Quote:> Have you tried creating a new project in VS.NET B2 and comparing the
csproj
> and sln files created with yours from VS.NET B1? That would probably be
your
> best reference.

> Is there a reason why you don't just create a new project in VS B2 and
copy
> your source files into it (i.e. .cs or .vb, .aspx , asmx etc?

> Donny Mack, MCSD
> DotNetJunkies.com
> Are you a DotNetJunkie?
> http://www.DotNetJunkies.com

1. Warning message: Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

I have a project I ported from beta1 to beta2; whenever I load the solution,
I get the error message:
Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

I'm sure it's an invalid property in a csproj or sln file, but I don't know
where to look (it's SUCH an informative error message).

Does anyone have a clue?

-Andy Hopper

2. AS5200 - Line Code, Path Code Violations

3. Solution build results summary not mentioning warnings

4. Sync with 2 computers

5. Associating files in solution explorer

6. Using Zmodem w/ Kermit on a terminal server

7. associating files in solution explorer

8. Flash Memory Cards

9. How to read XSLT associated with a XML document?

10. MVP WARNING: Spam messages link to virus Web page

11. WARNING: devenv.exe.manifest causes imagelist error reading imagestream resource