Calling Runtime Callable Wrapper through .Net Remoting

Calling Runtime Callable Wrapper through .Net Remoting

Post by Pius Bründle » Wed, 28 May 2003 22:30:03

Hi together

I am interested to know if a COM component that is wrapped by a Run Time
Callable Wrapper (RCW) can be accesses by a managed client through .Net
Remoting.

Also:    Managed Client -> .Net Remoting -> RCW -> COM Component.

Many thanks for the answers,

Pius Brndler

Calling Runtime Callable Wrapper through .Net Remoting

Post by Ice » Thu, 29 May 2003 01:30:50

why wouldn't it?

Quote:> Hi together

> I am interested to know if a COM component that is wrapped by a Run Time
> Callable Wrapper (RCW) can be accesses by a managed client through .Net
> Remoting.

> Also:    Managed Client -> .Net Remoting -> RCW -> COM Component.

> Many thanks for the answers,

> Pius Brndler

1. Runtime Callable Wrapper for interfaces in OBJIDL.idl

Does .Net ship with Runtime Callable Wrapper for the COM
interfaces defined in OBJIDL.idl. In particular I need
access to the IRootStorage, IStorage, and IStream
interfaces.

These interfaces are implemented in System32/ole32.dll but
it doesn't have a type library. With out a type library
for OBJIDL.idl tlbimp can not be used to generate the
wrapper.

I believe OJBIDL.idl can be hacked to create a tlb when
fed to midl.exe. I can then feed this type library to
tlbimp.exe. These are such common interfaces I am a little
surprised it will require this type of hacking to access
them.

Kevin

2. Best way to return DosDevIoctl error codes?

3. How to create a runtime callable wrapper for legacy com objects

4. ZX Books available

5. COM-Callable wrapper under .NET CF

6. Appointment...

7. COleMessageFilter and Releasing COM objects passed through a Com Callable Wrapper

8. MS Force feedback game controller

9. COM Callable Wrappers for ActiveX controls

10. Debugging COM callable wrappers

11. HELP - Com Callable Wrapper not working with ASP

12. Calling a remote windows service thru code