annoying context-sensitive help problem

Post by John Mahone » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 07:46:55

I have been using VS.net for several months with relatively few
problems.  Yesterday, I hit F1 to bring up context sensitive help on a
framework class and an install dialog popped up saying it was trying
to install "Visual Studio .Net Professional - English".  I cancelled
it.  Now it comes up about 50% of the time when I try to access
context sensitive help.  I have to press ESC 2-3 times to cancel the
spontaneous installation, after which the correct help page comes up.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this annoying install dialog?

Thanks
Dave

1. Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

I'm writing a custom AppWizard in Visual Studio .Net.

According to the Visual Studio documentation "Providing
Context-Sensitive Help", the help button's onClick event
can be adopted to point to a specific keyword:

<BUTTON CLASS="BUTTONS" ID="HelpBtn" ACCESSKEY="H"
 onClick="window.external.OnHelp
('vc.appwiz.custom.overview');">

That works fine for a Visual Studio Keyword.

How can I specify a keyword/topic in my own help file
(.chm or htm)?
The documentation is not clear in this aspect.

Thanks

Claudio

2. bind cyrus-imapd to eth1

3. Context-sensitive Help for Menu Items

4. posting problem

5. Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

6. Sync'ing DNS across two servers?

7. Context-sensitive Help

8. Call for papers and participation to ERCIM workshop

9. context sensitive help

10. Accessing context sensitive help files from CF

11. Integrating Context Sensitive help.

12. Context sensitive help in VB .NET

13. F1 key not giving context sensitive help from MSDN