Visual Source Safe Architecture

Post by Siva » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:51:23

I want to know Visual Source Safe's Functional Flow, i
mean how to implement visual source safe to organise my
source code.Is there any site which provides step by step
instructions and functional flow diagrams that how it
works.

plese let me know

Visual Source Safe Architecture

Post by Jeff Clausiu » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:07:06

siva:

you might want to check out some info on the best practices -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ssafe/technical/techfaq.asp

as well as any info you might find relevant in these technical articles
- http://msdn.microsoft.com/ssafe/technical/articles.asp

finally, here is another reference which has been useful -
http://www.michaelis.net/SourceSafe/Faq.htm

hth
jeff clausius
sourcegear corporation

Quote:> I want to know Visual Source Safe's Functional Flow, i
> mean how to implement visual source safe to organise my
> source code.Is there any site which provides step by step
> instructions and functional flow diagrams that how it
> works.

> plese let me know

1. Visual Source Safe and Visual Interdev Integration

On the Web Server installed at both the default web site
and the virtuals are front page extensions that point to
an external source safe server/project. The files
successfully loaded into the designated source safe
database. When creating a new Visual Interdev project,
using the wizard, I am able to pull in the project and see
it. I can not get latest copy, I can not check out, I can
not reset the source safe project. I keep getting the
following error messages:

Server Error: There is a problem with source control
Integration on your server. Contact your web server
administrator.
In the Application event viewer, the following error
messages appear:

Microsoft FrontPage Extensions:
(OS Error# -2147166133 Message: )

Microsoft FrontPage Extensions: http://ieckdev902 - Error
#90017 Message: Source Control System Failure:
Access to file "\\IECKSERVER1
\VSS_STOREFRONT\CS2K\SRCSAFE.INI" denied

The front page extensions were installed by the local
administrator and only anonymous directory security for
the web site was turned on during installation. The web
site's current directory security is anonymous and basic
authentication. The appropriate users were added to the
three created groups local to the server
(Admin,authors,browsers). The wwwroot where the web
application has full blown permissions and so does the vss
directory on the web server and the vss server.

From the web server I can access \\IECKSERVER1
\VSS_STOREFRONT\CS2K\SRCSAFE.INI. Please help.

2. Multiobjective GA (MOGA)

3. how to manage a visual interdev project with visual source safe ??

4. DBD::ODBC pb with size!

5. Visual Interdev and Visual Source Safe

6. how to create such a function??

7. Problem with Visual Studio DOTNET integration with Visual Source Safe

8. Warnings on Vaccination

9. VISUAL STUDIO.NET & VISUAL SOURCE SAFE PROBLEM

10. Visual Source Safe and Visual Studio .net

11. Visual Source Safe

12. Asp.net and Visual Source safe`