Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctl0' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctl0' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Post by headbi » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:42:36

I dynamically add usercontrol to page.  Each user control contains
another user control, and it really go deep some cases.

I added button to one of user control.  I suppose to get updated
information when I click on the button.  But instead I got above error
message.

Can somebody help me on this?

Thank you in advance.

1. Composite Control Prob - Multiple controls with the same ID '_ctl0' were found

Hi folks,

The situation:
I have a custom ASP.NET server control that contains
multiple custom server controls.  These controls
themselves contain other standard and custom server
controls.

The problem:
When I implement the INamingContainer on the top-most
container server control, I get the error about having
multiple controls with the same ID.  When I simply
implement the INamingContainer on the contained child
controls ... it works fine.

What gives?  Can anyone explain why this is happening and
how to resolve the issue?  The primary reason that I want
to be able to use the INamingContainer at the top level
lies in the fact I may want to include it in another
custom control somewhere down the line.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks - wg

2. 5250 terminal and barcode scanner

3. Multiple controls with the same ID 'WebForm1' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.

4. Lost the spinning globe

5. Multiple controls with the same ID 'frmRfq' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.

6. Disk IO test programs

7. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs

8. Books for beginners

9. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

10. Validation error: Unable to find control id referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property

11. User Control Instances and how .NET Prefixes control collection's ID's

12. The id 'ctrl1' is already used by another control