How do a add a Reference to the "Add Reference" dialog box

How do a add a Reference to the "Add Reference" dialog box

Post by SW » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:55:40

This must be documented _somewhere_ but I can't find it...

I've got a strongly named assembly. I compile it, and then c:> gacutil /uf
<filepath>
I exected my assembly to show up in the .Net tab of the "Add Reference"
dialog box from VS.net.
I've checked to see that the assem is really there, and that I can reference
it during design and load it during runtime. But it doesn't show up in the
dialog box, I've got to Browse for it.

How do I get it in there?

Thanks for your help.

--Scott W.

How do a add a Reference to the "Add Reference" dialog box

Post by Mattias Sj?gre » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:54:34

Scott,

Quote:>How do I get it in there?

INFO: How to Display an Assembly in the Add Reference Dialog Box
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q306149

Mattias

===

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

1. Asssemblies Do Not Appear In "Add Reference" Dialog

I had to re-build my PC recently and have discovered that my VS 2003
installation appears corrupted.  None of the .NET Framework assemblies
appear in the "Add Reference" dialog.  For example, if I create a new Smart
Device application, the base form will not appear in the designer because
none of the default references are included in the project.  When I go to
add them, the do not appear in the dialog (forcing me to browse for them).

Is there a registry setting or other configuration option I need to
investigate?

Thanks.

--
John T
http://www.novadevgroup.com/TknoFlyer

2. help

3. DISCO file not recognized in VS.NET "add web reference" dialog

4. 2.1 update from 2.04

5. New Question on "Add Refernce" dialog box

6. Networking

7. Alternative for using "add reference"?

8. Changing line default settings

9. UPDATE : Adding references & the VS.NET assembly "locking" bug

10. DISCO and "add web reference" tool

11. I don't want to use "add web reference" I want it dynamically

12. Error using "Add Web Reference..." Tool

13. "Add Web Reference..." ASMX Ok, but why no vsdisco?