Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Post by srivatsah » Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:20:47

Good Morning Guys

We know that we can use <input type=file ...> control to upload
one file per time to the server. My question is if there
is any other way to upload multiple files per time to the
server in a single browse???

(Of course, we can use <input type=file ...>
multiple times and then submit once. But this is not what
I want, because we have to click "browse" button several
times to select multiple files before submit in this
way.)....... "Upload multiple files PER TIME", I mean here is ...we
can
select multiple files in ONE time just like in a OpenFileDialog
component
by selecting files holding the control button and submit in ONE shot,
and thus upload multiple files in ONE time.

Please do reply ASAP if you have any solutions...

Thanks and Regards
Srivatsa

Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Post by Jamie Frase » Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:51:37

AFAIK this behaviour isn't possible.

Certainly GMail, Facebook et al. use the one control per file
approach, so I'd think if they can't do it, neither can we.....

Quote:

> Good Morning Guys

> We know that we can use <input type=file ...> control to upload
> one file per time to the server. My question is if there
> is any other way to upload multiple files per time to the
> server in a single browse???

> (Of course, we can use <input type=file ...>
> multiple times and then submit once. But this is not what
> I want, because we have to click "browse" button several
> times to select multiple files before submit in this
> way.)....... "Upload multiple files PER TIME", I mean here is ...we
> can
> select multiple files in ONE time just like in a OpenFileDialog
> component
> by selecting files holding the control button and submit in ONE shot,
> and thus upload multiple files in ONE time.

> Please do reply ASAP if you have any solutions...

> Thanks and Regards
> Srivatsa

Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Post by Peter Groenewege » Sun, 25 Nov 2007 01:44:43

There are thirth party solutions upload controls. Or you can ask the user to
make a zip. Or put multiple browse controls on a page.

Probably you will be able to do this by writing your own uplaod control.

--
Peter

Quote:

> Good Morning Guys

> We know that we can use <input type=file ...> control to upload
> one file per time to the server. My question is if there
> is any other way to upload multiple files per time to the
> server in a single browse???

> (Of course, we can use <input type=file ...>
> multiple times and then submit once. But this is not what
> I want, because we have to click "browse" button several
> times to select multiple files before submit in this
> way.)....... "Upload multiple files PER TIME", I mean here is ...we
> can
> select multiple files in ONE time just like in a OpenFileDialog
> component
> by selecting files holding the control button and submit in ONE shot,
> and thus upload multiple files in ONE time.

> Please do reply ASAP if you have any solutions...

> Thanks and Regards
> Srivatsa

Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Post by Peter Groenewege » Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:19:26

you can do it by using flash:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/FlashUpload.asp

> AFAIK this behaviour isn't possible.

> Certainly GMail, Facebook et al. use the one control per file
> approach, so I'd think if they can't do it, neither can we.....

> > Good Morning Guys

> > We know that we can use <input type=file ...> control to upload
> > one file per time to the server. My question is if there
> > is any other way to upload multiple files per time to the
> > server in a single browse???

> > (Of course, we can use <input type=file ...>
> > multiple times and then submit once. But this is not what
> > I want, because we have to click "browse" button several
> > times to select multiple files before submit in this
> > way.)....... "Upload multiple files PER TIME", I mean here is ...we
> > can
> > select multiple files in ONE time just like in a OpenFileDialog
> > component
> > by selecting files holding the control button and submit in ONE shot,
> > and thus upload multiple files in ONE time.

> > Please do reply ASAP if you have any solutions...

> > Thanks and Regards
> > Srivatsa

Multiple upload of files in single browse in ASP.NET

Post by ThanderMa » Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:51:44

If you are desperate enough ,try writing a ActiveX which will do the
job - and upload files through socket programming :)

> you can do it by using flash:http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/FlashUpload.asp

> > AFAIK this behaviour isn't possible.

> > Certainly GMail, Facebook et al. use the one control per file
> > approach, so I'd think if they can't do it, neither can we.....

> > > Good Morning Guys

> > > We know that we can use <input type=file ...> control to upload
> > > one file per time to the server. My question is if there
> > > is any other way to upload multiple files per time to the
> > > server in a single browse???

> > > (Of course, we can use <input type=file ...>
> > > multiple times and then submit once. But this is not what
> > > I want, because we have to click "browse" button several
> > > times to select multiple files before submit in this
> > > way.)....... "Upload multiple files PER TIME", I mean here is ...we
> > > can
> > > select multiple files in ONE time just like in a OpenFileDialog
> > > component
> > > by selecting files holding the control button and submit in ONE shot,
> > > and thus upload multiple files in ONE time.

> > > Please do reply ASAP if you have any solutions...

> > > Thanks and Regards
> > > Srivatsa

1. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

Has anyone been successful in adding custom built-in functions into
Excel via the .net XP Interop assemblies?

According to MS KB 316723, you have to make sure you build the
deployment project for the Current User, not the machine.  I did that.

Also, in the Add-in path for Excel, I added a string called "Automation"
(from a support call to Microsoft) ... but
alas ... no add-in after I install.

Anyone get this to work?

--mike

2. Shutdown/DLM error message

3. Uploading multiple files using ASP.NET

4. Cannot view reports from remote Administrator console

5. VS.NET add-ins events

6. SB16 Value + Funai-FCR-C2-P + Win95. *Help!*

7. Creating Office Add-ins with VB.NET

8. VS.NET Add-ins: How to customize ToolBox programmatically?

9. VS.NET add-ins and customization.

10. New group for discussing Visual Studio.NET add-ins

11. Multiple File Upload, Upload whole Directory

12. ASP.NET multiple changes on single page