F1 Help in Visual Studio .NET on Scripting.FileSystemObject

F1 Help in Visual Studio .NET on Scripting.FileSystemObject

Post by Gupt » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:50:29

Hi, I am working on a C# application in VS.NET.  I have inherited some
code that creates an instance of Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass.  Now
everything works correctly - but I am learning about Microsoft
technologies and would like to understand why I cannot get F1 help on
Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass

This class is also not documented in my .NET class library, yet when I
type in "Scripting." in VS.NET it gives a list of methods to choose
from.

Would really appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the above.
Please also email me (address below) in your reply.  Thanks.

-- P Gupta

F1 Help in Visual Studio .NET on Scripting.FileSystemObject

Post by Rick Strahl [MVP » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:31:11

THat's because these objects are VBScript COM classes of the Windows
Scripting host, not CLR classes... if you're using MSDN switch you view to
the whole collection and you should get info on this stuff...

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

> Hi, I am working on a C# application in VS.NET.  I have inherited some
> code that creates an instance of Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass.  Now
> everything works correctly - but I am learning about Microsoft
> technologies and would like to understand why I cannot get F1 help on
> Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass

> This class is also not documented in my .NET class library, yet when I
> type in "Scripting." in VS.NET it gives a list of methods to choose
> from.

> Would really appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the above.
> Please also email me (address below) in your reply.  Thanks.

> -- P Gupta

F1 Help in Visual Studio .NET on Scripting.FileSystemObject

Post by Wray Smallwoo » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 00:47:12

Dump the COM Scripting.FileSystem object and use the .NET System.IO
namespace.

Wray

> Hi, I am working on a C# application in VS.NET.  I have inherited some
> code that creates an instance of Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass.  Now
> everything works correctly - but I am learning about Microsoft
> technologies and would like to understand why I cannot get F1 help on
> Scripting.FileSystemObjectClass

> This class is also not documented in my .NET class library, yet when I
> type in "Scripting." in VS.NET it gives a list of methods to choose
> from.

> Would really appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the above.
> Please also email me (address below) in your reply.  Thanks.

> -- P Gupta

1. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

Context Sensitive Help (F1) was not working for me in Visual Studio.
Here's the info for how I fixed it:

F1 link between Visual Studio and MSDN:  Both must be installed while
logged on as the same user that will use them, NOT the administrator.
If either is installed using a different userid, the F1 linkage does
not work.  This is probably due to a registry setting during the
installs.

2. Budget Lottery spending

3. Visual Studio F1 Extension help ?

4. EISA bus (Was: IBM ignoring Vic Healy)

5. Context Sensitive Help (F1) not working in Visual Studio

6. Phone Notes

7. F1, F1 Help help needed

8. SBProlog Documentation

9. Creating Office Managed COM Add-Ins with Visual Studio .NET

10. Visual Studio .NET Add-Ins

11. Creating Visual Studio .Net Add-Ins

12. Fwd: F1, F1 Help needed.....................

13. Visual Studio Macro Problem with FileSystemObject (Alpha only?)