ado.net, views and order by

Post by Samue » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:18:25

Why when I insert an ORDER BY clause in a CREATE VIEW sql sentence using
ado.net it gets me a syntaxis error?

I'm totally sure I've wrote the command correctly, I've copied it from an
Microsoft Access view. Do you know if I  should use a command to activate
the ORDER BY clause or something similar?

thank you

ado.net, views and order by

Post by Prasa » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:39:32

Hi

Order by Clause is not supported in the Create View Statement. Create a View
and while querying the View use order by

HTH
Prasad

Quote:> Why when I insert an ORDER BY clause in a CREATE VIEW sql sentence using
> ado.net it gets me a syntaxis error?

> I'm totally sure I've wrote the command correctly, I've copied it from an
> Microsoft Access view. Do you know if I  should use a command to activate
> the ORDER BY clause or something similar?

> thank you

ado.net, views and order by

Post by Samue » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:58:41

But, I need ORDER BY because the CREATE VIEW command also has a TOP 1
clause.

It works in Microsoft Access.