VB Upgrade Error

Post by Robert Berei » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:20:46

Prior to installing Visual Studio .Net, I uninstalled VB 6
and removed all traces from my system.  That should be as
good as a an install from scratch.

Also, I tried one very simple program, with NO controls.
Even that one fails the upgrade process.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I having similar problem:
>Upgrade failed: Exception occurred: The referenced
>components RichTextBox, StatusBar, Toolbar, ImageList are
>missing design time licenses.

>I have install Visual Studio .Net from scratch not
>upgrade of Visual Basic 6.

>The project using the standard Visual Basic 6 Control.

>Any Idea?
>Thanks in advance.
>Regards Dat.

VB Upgrade Error

Post by Brian Roder ( » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 03:54:19

Robert,

Can you try creating a 'do nothing' vb standard exe and upgrading?  Are you
upgrading a project located on a network share?

-Brian

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
<http://www.microsoft.com/info/terms.htm>

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

--------------------

Subject: VB Upgrade Error
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:42:01 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vsnet.general

When I open a VB 6 project in VS.Net, the Visual Basic
Upgrade Wizard kicks off. It requests permission to
create a new folder than then hangs for a period of time.
Finally, I get the Error message 'Unexpected exception
occured during upgrade engine operation: Server execution
failed'.

Any ideas about how I get past this situation and get on
with upgrading my old applications?  Have tried it with
several VB applications from simple to complex, and all
end in the same way.

VB Upgrade Error

Post by Robert Berei » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 04:27:04

Brian,

Tried something almost as trivial:  Had a VB6 program
which did a file conversion.  Flat file in, flat file
out.  No forms, and no controls.  Even that failed.

And NO, the existing project is not on a network share,
although it was defined to Source Safe under VB6 with the
SS version stored on a network server.

- Bob

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Robert,

>Can you try creating a 'do nothing' vb standard exe and

upgrading?  Are you
>upgrading a project located on a network share?

>-Brian

>This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
><http://www.microsoft.com/info/terms.htm>

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is
our online account
>name for newsgroup participation only.

>--------------------

>Subject: VB Upgrade Error
>Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:42:01 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vsnet.general

>When I open a VB 6 project in VS.Net, the Visual Basic
>Upgrade Wizard kicks off. It requests permission to
>create a new folder than then hangs for a period of time.
>Finally, I get the Error message 'Unexpected exception
>occured during upgrade engine operation: Server execution
>failed'.

>Any ideas about how I get past this situation and get on
>with upgrading my old applications?  Have tried it with
>several VB applications from simple to complex, and all
>end in the same way.

VB Upgrade Error

Post by Brian Roder ( » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:06:44

Bob,

Do you mean that you have the SS database on a server, or you have a copy
of your project files on the server?  Create a new Standard EXE project
with no code and is not in SS and try and upgrade it.

Subject: RE: VB Upgrade Error
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:27:04 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vsnet.general

Brian,

Tried something almost as trivial:  Had a VB6 program
which did a file conversion.  Flat file in, flat file
out.  No forms, and no controls.  Even that failed.

And NO, the existing project is not on a network share,
although it was defined to Source Safe under VB6 with the
SS version stored on a network server.

- Bob

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Robert,

>Can you try creating a 'do nothing' vb standard exe and

upgrading?  Are you
>upgrading a project located on a network share?

>-Brian

>This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
><http://www.microsoft.com/info/terms.htm>

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is
our online account
>name for newsgroup participation only.

>--------------------

>Subject: VB Upgrade Error
>Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:42:01 -0800

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vsnet.general

>When I open a VB 6 project in VS.Net, the Visual Basic
>Upgrade Wizard kicks off. It requests permission to
>create a new folder than then hangs for a period of time.
>Finally, I get the Error message 'Unexpected exception
>occured during upgrade engine operation: Server execution
>failed'.

>Any ideas about how I get past this situation and get on
>with upgrading my old applications?  Have tried it with
>several VB applications from simple to complex, and all
>end in the same way.

1. Upgrade error - VB.net 2003 to VB.net 2005

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the DOT.NET environment and I was hoping that someone
could help me with a few things that I am really battling with.

I am trying to upgrade some code I wrote in VB.NET 2003 to VB.NET 2005
and I am getting an error.

I declare a global variable as follows:

     Module PubVars

        Friend gobjGS As clsServicesOOAK

     End Module

I declare the clsServicesOOAK class as follows:

  Public NotInheritable Class clsServicesOOAK
        Inherits clsServicesOOAKBase
        Private Shared mobjServicesOOAK As clsServicesOOAK

Everywhere I use the variable I get the following error when I build
the application:

     Access of shared member, constant member, enum member or nested
type through an instance;
     qualifying expression will not be evaluated.

The upgrade wizard suggests that I replace gobjAFGS with
clsServicesOOAKBase (the class that clsServicesOOAK inherits).

I will be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this.

Thanks,

Emily

2. Problems with RiscPC, Clares 24 X ATAPI drive , Samsung 24E

3. Upgrading project from VB6 to VB.NET - Error with MSFlexGrid

4. kpasswd and strong passwords

5. Error while upgrading VB6 app to VB.net

6. inserting records from a file

7. VB Automation error after upgrade

8. Plextor Termination Ques.

9. Upgrade VB 6 app to VB.net using academic version of Visual Studio

10. Upgrade VB.net standard, to VB.net standard 2003?

11. VS.NET freezes when running upgraded VB application in Debug mode.

12. Q: Vb.net & c++.net upgrade offer

13. Help needed - Can't upgrade VS.NET Trial to VB.NET Standard on win2k